Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back at the Nurburgring Woo Hoo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DonTraver
I've been back at the Ring for about a week now. Having a great time. They say it takes at least 100 laps to learn the track, I agree. But I've run enough laps that now I know them all. I can visualize the complete track now, that makes it even more fun. Instead of wondering, "what's around this corner".

What's really fun is Throttle Steering around the track. The Nurburgring is a great track to Throttle Steer. Hell, it's great for all of it. Here's a picture of me in the Carousel the other day.

Just got back from doing 3 laps, possibly the best laps I've ever done, they were just smooth.

At the end of the month I'm also meeting up with a Film Crew from Discover Germany. They want to do a TV show on the RS America and the Nurburgring, how cool is that.

I first saw their show when I was in Lyon, France. They said contact them if you are going to visit Germany, so I did. We've been talking for about a month now. They sent me a email yesterday saying they got permission to put a camera in my RSA for laps around the Ring. That's pretty cool, because they don't allow any in car camera's, video or stills.

Oh yeah, went over 40,000 miles driving the RS America in Europe today. Visited Gondwana Das Prehistorium today, my favorite museum in Europe.

Anyway, still having fun in Europe.

Later Don
seanery
thumb3d.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(DonTraver @ Sep 18 2012, 11:03 AM) *
I first saw their show when I was in Lyon, France.

I used to live and work in Lyon in the early '90s.

Ugly city, beautiful countryside ...
biggrin.gif

Madswede
first.gif That looks like a LOT of fun! Congrats! Can't wait for the video!
bulitt
Nice Don! I see the Viper ACR just ripped a 7:12:13!
Have Fun!
Krieger
Awesome! One of those experiences you'll remember the rest of your life
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.