Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [OT] need graphic arts help - logo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
While I'm getting better with my paintings, I still stink at computer graphics. I'm looking for some help with a logo for a (hopefully) new company name. Can somone help out with this? Does anyone remember the rock group BOSTON? I want a similar lettering style and maybe a re-do of their first albumn (those big black discs) cover. The name is to be AirBoston.

Next, does anyone know of a lesser expensive host for a website along with a web designer. Cost is a factor.

Thanks,
tommy914
This guy does good work.

http://www.designs4601.com/

the site shows mostly web stuff, but he does logos too.

tell him Tommy W sent you.
McMark
I just went with MacDock.com for my hosting. $20 a month. Took about 10 minutes to sign up with them and about 8 hours for them to activate my account. Did it all from my couch. biggrin.gif

http://www.paintandmetal.com
seanery
I use 1and1.com for my hosting. The price is crazy cheap $4/mo for over a gig of storage and 25 gigs of traffic, mail, etc...
VegasRacer
QUOTE(djm914-6 @ Oct 27 2004, 06:59 PM)
Next, does anyone know of a lesser expensive host for a website

I asked a similar question here a few months ago.
I got some good advice and I ended up going with Total Choice.
I have been very pleased with their service.

IPB Image
mercdev
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 27 2004, 09:32 PM)
I use 1and1.com for my hosting. The price is crazy cheap $4/mo for over a gig of storage and 25 gigs of traffic, mail, etc...

agree.gif
anthony
Pair (www.pair.com) is also great for hosting.
TC/914
What's the new company, Air Boston, going to do?

TC
djm914-6
Thanks guys. I'll check out some of these places. Is there anyone here that would like to take on the logo job? I'd rather support the 914 guys if possible. Do any of these places have web designers too? I'm trying to pick up some info on web design, but in no way can I make it look nice.

AirBoston will continue to paint 914 (and lesser cars) car portraits on tees and such but I'm looking to expand into other types of art too. While I'm still very into cars, I have learned an important lesson; don't neglect other parts of your life. I'll let ya'll deduct what other form of art I'll be painting from my avatar and signiture. I still hope to have some association with Rich's ArtechnikA, I don't feel it's right to feed off his generosity with this other art.

So if someone is feeling creative, I'm looking for the album posted above except for it to say AirBoston and instead of guitars, have Airbrushes. Also web pages that can easily be updated with new pictures and such.

Peace,
cnavarro
I use ipowerweb.com for hosting for LN, as well as a few other sites that I administer. Yearly hosting is $95.00 with excellent service and customer support.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Hi_Fi_Guy
Interland.net & MacDock.com have never let me down.

Interland slightly cheaper and offers a few more hi-end server features

MacDock offers more personalized service and is easier if you don't need all the bells and whistles.

I highly recommend them both.
seanery
I would offer you my logo services, but it sounds like you want an illustration and I really suck at that!
TC/914
What's your deadline on all of this? Long or short time. Right now I'm very busy, but I might be able to help out if there is a lot of time in front.

TC
djm914-6
No deadline. Just something I'd like to have done sometime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.