Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picking up a black 75 thursday night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay so I am picking up a 75 this thursday. Was supposed to be tonight but things didn't work out timing wise. I scoped this car out over a year ago & am finally getting it. It was painted black & not sure of it's original color. The weird thing is the interior was redone. It is all grey. The dash, Backpad,door panels & seats all are a light grey. I know it's a bit of a teaser without pics WTF.gif . I'll get some up when I get it home.

Oh yeah it has a 5 lug conversion done to it. With 16x6 Fuchs up front & 6x7Fuchs in back. The rear quarters have been stretched a bit too for a little wider tire. It has some rust on the inside floor pans & a hole in the battery tray. I am sure there is a little hell hole work needed but not bad at all. The long looks solid but I haven't pulled the rocker yet
JRust
Here are some pics. I think this may be my first black 914 idea.gif . It has been sitting in a shop since 99. Was running when parked yada yada yada. Going to drain the fuel clean things up. Motor isn't locked up so I'll change the oil too. I'll give the carbs a good cleaning & see about trying to fire it up.

I put my son to work cleaning it up evilgrin.gif
Tom
Jamie,
Are you starting a new Camp 914? smile.gif poke.gif pray.gif
I would love to be able to do that, just getting too old and creaky.
Tom
silver74insocal
all that build up and no pics of the interior!? smile.gif
JRust
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Sep 22 2012, 04:27 PM) *

all that build up and no pics of the interior!? smile.gif

Yeah sorry. Here are some although they it almost looks white in the pics. It is a light grey though. The seats have some more bolster than stock too. Not sure if it's a modified stock seat or what?
scotty b
I think that's all " custom " Dash and door panels looks really plasticy in pics, seats are definitely aftermarket and look to be leather ? Whereas the rest looks like Vinyl and spray paint confused24.gif Note how the seats, console and dash are all different shades, like they tried to dye the factory bits to match the seat color

Nice Steering wheel BTW smile.gif
JRust
They are actually all pretty close in color. Doesn't show to well in the pics. No plastic but the dash was definitely a one off. Overall I kind of like it. Definitely not an interior I have ever seen in a 914 confused24.gif

It does have some hell hole rust to be sure. The rear quarters are pulled some too but look pretty good. It messed with the gaps for the rear trunk. There is mor gap on each side of the trunk lid than I have seen before
Dave_Darling
Looks painted.

--DD
Mike Bellis
You have a problem and need to get in a 12 step program poke.gif

But I like it! evilgrin.gif
euro911
Looks like your son likes this one too idea.gif
JRust
I changed the oil. The gas tank was empty so I added a couple gallons & gave it a whirl. Turned over fine but wouldn't fire. Checked the spark & have that. Sprayed some starter fluid in the carbs & could get it to fire that way. It's not getting fuel 7I can't hear the pump at all. I pulled the pump access in the front trunk to find no pump there. When I changed the oil I didn't see the pump under in the engine bay. I jacked it back up to look again & it isn't there. Must be underneath the tank? I'll see about pulling the tank later this week. May as well get it all cleaned out when I do.

If it wasn't for the hell hole rust sad.gif . I would be feeling pretty damn great about this car. As it is I am happy with the purchase
boxstr
Nice job JR. Looks like a nice project. Would like to see a red interior in there.
CCL at CAMP
Andyrew
To much armor all on the leather?

That interior could be really nice... Especially for how much you probably picked up the car for...
IanS
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 22 2012, 11:05 PM) *

It's not getting fuel 7I can't hear the pump at all. I pulled the pump access in the front trunk to find no pump there. When I changed the oil I didn't see the pump under in the engine bay. I jacked it back up to look again & it isn't there. Must be underneath the tank? I'll see about pulling the tank later this week. May as well get it all cleaned out when I do.

The aftermarket fuel pump installed by the PO on my '72 was under the car where the brake components and steering rack live
timothy_nd28
Looks pretty sharp, how much did this set you back?
Mike Bellis
I dig the grey interior! What is the future for that car?
JRust
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 25 2012, 07:00 PM) *

I dig the grey interior! What is the future for that car?

All depends on a few things. If I can get it running & the motor is solid. I will probably get it dialed in & sell it. If the motor has issues I will put my current v8 setup in it. I just need to find the fuel pump & see why it isn't working. Heck maybe it isn't even hooked up. I won't get time to screw with it more until next week
rjames
Nice find.
I like black 914s. smile.gif Is it a respray that was originally yellow? Paint on the trunk where it was brought down to metal doesn't show any yellow but the inside floor does.
What is at the top part of the leftmost dash gauge that includes the gauge for the fuel level? On my '75 it's where the red light is indicating the E-brake is on, but yours looks different and I can't make out what it is in the picture.
Click to view attachment

Cool project.
JRust
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 4 2012, 10:30 AM) *

Nice find.
I like black 914s. smile.gif Is it a respray that was originally yellow? Paint on the trunk where it was brought down to metal doesn't show any yellow but the inside floor does.
What is at the top part of the leftmost dash gauge that includes the gauge for the fuel level? On my '75 it's where the red light is indicating the E-brake is on, but yours looks different and I can't make out what it is in the picture.
Click to view attachment

Cool project.

You know I didn't even notice that. I'm thinking it is an oil pressure gage. I'll have to look into it when I get home. I am digging the black too. Might just be a keeper for me if I sell my LE idea.gif . I am pretty sure it was a yellow before but haven't checked the paint code. I haven't had time to do anything with the car since that first weekend. I'll get back to it in the coming weeks.
Elliot Cannon
Man! That had to one HUGE bird that shit on your rear trunk. av-943.gif
76-914
WTF.gif Jamie? poke.gif Are you running a home for wayward 914's or opening a 914 Museum? confused24.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 4 2012, 05:35 PM) *

Man! That had to one HUGE bird that shit on your rear trunk. av-943.gif

LOL! Your a funny man Elliot. Even if it is just in your own mind poke.gif . there must have been some rust there. He had sanded down a couple spots on the rear trunk. Going to have to repaint the rear deck lid
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.