Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SUBY conversion question - WATER PUMP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
for the chevy conversion, renegade offers a chrysler water pump - but - for the suby conversion, is the stock water pump adequate?? thus no belt or electric driven water pump is needed?
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 19 2012, 04:38 AM) *

for the chevy conversion, renegade offers a chrysler water pump - but - for the suby conversion, is the stock water pump adequate?? thus no belt or electric driven water pump is needed?

The Subaru water pumps are run off the timing belt. and are under the Timing belt cover, thus no requirement for an external or accessory pump. On the Chain driven versions of the 6 cylinder models its the same thing.
rpg5553
Greetings,
I have been running a EJ20G turbo motor for everal years with the original water pump. Used a radiator from a 95 Subaru Impreza along with the fans and the fans have never kicked on during the Hot Atlanta summers. Been stuck in traffic for hours without an issue so the water pump is circulating fine. Keep in mind you have around two extra gallons of coolant in your lines going from radiator to the motor.
Hope this helps.

Ronnie G
mittelmotor
QUOTE(rpg5553 @ Sep 19 2012, 07:55 AM) *

Greetings,
I have been running a EJ20G turbo motor for everal years with the original water pump. Used a radiator from a 95 Subaru Impreza along with the fans and the fans have never kicked on during the Hot Atlanta summers. Been stuck in traffic for hours without an issue so the water pump is circulating fine. Keep in mind you have around two extra gallons of coolant in your lines going from radiator to the motor.
Hope this helps.

Ronnie G

I was surprised at the volume of coolant (Renegade system). Mine took more than 4 gallons!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.