Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Cable Length
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
I purchased a heater cable. I read in earlier forums that the longer length goes to the passenger side. Okay, installed it! Too long and the driver's side too short. Okay, lets switch! Same problem! Too long one side and too short on the other side.

One cable is 10 inches longer that the other one. Is that the correct difference in lengths? I have a 73.

Can I bend the cable without making it weak and breaking in the future?

Eric Shea said "Pretty easy actually" about the replacement. There are not easy jobs with me!

Thank you in advance.
JawjaPorsche
I got a brain fart and measured the old broken cable. One was two inches longer than the other. Not the 10 inch difference than the new one! And it was genuine Porsche!

I straighten out the cable and rebent to the old cable's length. Problem solved!

beerchug.gif
02loftsmoor
gota be smarter than what your working on!! Kidding, headbang.gif

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 19 2012, 12:05 PM) *

I got a brain fart and measured the old broken cable. One was two inches longer than the other. Not the 10 inch difference than the new one! And it was genuine Porsche!

I straighten out the cable and rebent to the old cable's length. Problem solved!

beerchug.gif

pt_700
don't feel bad. when i found my cables were too short, i added a pull tab from a beer can to make up the difference...

goes with the miller "sleeve" (beer can w/ top & bottom removed - poor taste in beer back then) i resorted to trying to get the flexible heat tubes to fit on the flapper boxes...

now that i think of it, probably from the same cans!
JawjaPorsche
Thank God I didn't have to use a beer tab! My beer comes in bottles too!
Drums66
......Alot of things(parts) take a little improv
especially with our cars? idea.gif just don't
get frustrated idea.gif bye1.gif shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.