Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Alphaogre
I like the look and connivence of having the cap stick up through the hood. I really like the look of this one but I am having truble finding one like it for a 914 or even what the term would be to search for it.

Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks!

Chris

Click to view attachment
Alphaogre
Here is another one....

Click to view attachment
bulitt
Recent thread in the garage-
Gas Cap
pcar916
I've done this to a 356 outlaw. Making the filler-cap is the easy part. Weld a tab onto one of these.

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product..._Necks_And_Caps

Fabricating the filler-tube oriented to the right angle so it's level with that part of the hood takes a bit of work. It's not complicated but takes attention to detail.

Bolting on a solution is nice when there is that option. But if welding is involved a fuel cell is easier to deal with since welding a taller filler-tube onto the filler-plate is done on the bench.
balljoint
PMB sells them
pcar916
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 20 2012, 01:46 PM) *

PMB sells them...

Yep, but they're out of stock beerchug.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Sep 20 2012, 03:16 PM) *

PMB sells them...

Yesssss. Those are also Oil filler caps. 051103-stupid4.gif
pcar916
lol-2.gif Such attention to detail this afternoon!
Randal

Those hood mounted gas caps are good looking, but always wondered how you would keep from getting gasoline all over the paint....
carr914
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 20 2012, 02:46 PM) *

QUOTE(pcar916 @ Sep 20 2012, 03:16 PM) *

PMB sells them...

I had some made and Erc (PMB) bought some from me.

I have 3 or 4 Left

T.C.
Harpo
Sorry to hijack your thread but what size are your gas caps? 110mm? Are yours Blau? How much?

Thanks

David
carr914
110mm Blau with the Top Fin. I can't remember what I was selling them for. I have to dig them out as the last few I kept were kind of Custom
Harpo
I'm interested although "custom" makes me anxious

Thanks

DAvid
carr914
Custom means, I know one was Polished & has the Tab riveted on instead of epoxy, I think another I had powder-coated Black ( had to as that Blau was military green when I got it)

I'll try to dig them out tomorrow as I have to move some stuff around. If they are in a box in the attic above my garage it will have to wait till I get the exhaust back on my 911 so I can get it off the Lift
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.