Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
442nd914s
Unless I'm mistaken, I think I need a new pump.
By just applying voltage its connectors, I can hear it work but little to no fuel being sucked. I'm checking this with a seprate fuel gas can (simulate the front tank) and an empty can to see the output side of the pump. No filter in line and only a total of 6 feet of fuel line. I don't have a fuel regulator in play. Just tank, line, pump and the return and delivery lines to an empty tank. I've switch polarities and no change, other than it changes directions from suck to blow.
So I guess I'm in need of one?
If so, where's a good resonable place to buy one?
JawjaPorsche
2 or 3 prong? FI?
442nd914s
Sorry, I forgot to mention it.
Its for an '73 2.0Lt EFI. (3 prong)
Cap'n Krusty
A "new" pump? The bad news is they're REALLY expensive. The good news is they're essentially NLA, so it doesn't matter. Rebuilt pumps are extremely questionable, and new Chinese made pumps are essentially expensive fishing sinkers.

The Cap'n
JawjaPorsche
My 73 three prong fuel pump died last year too. Getting a new one was impossible. I converted to the cheaper Bosch two prong and I am not having any problems.

Pelican sells the two prong:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...-76%29%2C%20Eac

There some Bosch fuel pumps listed on Ebay too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.