Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Muffler choice for -6 conversions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....20&pagenumber=1

There is a video clip on the second page too!

http://www.netonyx.com/HPIM0109.AVI

Perhaps he can rig up some mufflers for our -4 cars (for those that don't want Triads or the Tangerine setup).
Brad Roberts
He says he makes a loud and a quiet... The pics all show LOUD. You can see where he welded in the baffle plates on the inside. I wonder what he is packing them with ?? We tested sme ceramics from NASA...

B
IronHillRestorations
The look decent, but sound (quiet) and dyno is more important. Also he's a grate spellar.
seanery
those are the same ones Brian Frenz (736conver) was selling.

Do you think this would fit my car? Never seen a triple before...probably hang out the back dontcha think? confused24.gif
IPB Image
brant
I only skimmed the thread...
did anyone pick up on the cost?

brant
TimT
I emailed the guy a day or so ago, he said they are priced in the $300 range.
Zeke
I'm somewhat involved in this project. Ben would have little or no problem making a muffler for a six, but the stock 4 HE's and their 4 pipe inlets would be a challange as all the materials are SS. The single flange is expensive enough, and the twin pipe looks tough to duplicate.

Brad, the innards consist of a perforated tube and partions, that's all I can say. I'm sure Ben would work a deal with you for dyno purposes if you want to do that.

If enough of you email him, he will listen.
Root_Werks
I know a guy who just picked one up and has been running it for a while now. The fit seems good, good alingment of the dual tips ect. The sound is really good, but loud. Very beefy and rumbly. The sound files don't do it justice. If you get one, I would say it is worth the money $300 - but if you plan to drive your 914 around town or on distance trips, bring ear plugs. The guys 911 is a pain for anything longer than about 5 minutes. Plus EVERYONE looks at you while driving through town to include the cops. wink.gif
Steve
It looks to much like a sport muffler.
I put a sport muffler on my 3.2 six.
I drove it down the street and got dirty looks from every neighbor that I made eye contact with.
I put the Bursch muffler back on the same day and put the sport muffler on ebay.
The sport muffler did have more top end power than the single exit Bursch.
Ahwell!!!!!

Steve
736conver
Those are the mufflers I posted for sale awhile ago and also put the clip in my signature, I really dont know specifics but I can find out what anyone would need. I believe there is a pic in the old thread I will try to find it.
736conver
Here's the link to the old thread with a picture on a 914.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...6370&hl=muffler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.