Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Aftermarket Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Natd
Any recommendations for after-market bumpers (rubber bumperpad)?

914 rubber?
Auto Atlanta?

Let me know!
Mike Bellis
914 rubber!
Mikey914
Thanks.
We are working on the actual bumpers that mount like the OEM, right now I only have the rear in black. We are working on a process to make them look like chrome.

The fronts got put on the back burner for the tops. The front will be completed after the tops. We will be pulling a test piece from the rear this week, and the front should be next week.

As for the tops
On the rubber side no problem

On the fiberglass side there's a group buy getting lined up now for half the price of rubber.
Tom_T
70-74 Bumpers:

FG ones are out there from several of the usual sources & most integrate the top pad shape, & AFAIK all are to be painted or left raw (black or off-white gel coat). Mark/Mikey weighed in above on his production.

Steve down there in SD/Santee area had gotten the polished SS F & R 70-72 style from Harrington LTD, which are made in Vietnam or thereabouts (search for his post showing them on here).
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=108722

Note that the prices at their website below are for the pair F & R (they'll add the extra back supporting brackets & front mounting holes for 73-74 tits/bumper guards for an extra $50 per end when I asked):
http://www.groupharrington.com/en/part/74/...-6-bumpers.html

Also IIRC, Rich HPH in the Bay area also sells polished SS ones made in the USA for a bit more each.

Otherwise it's find good used or a core to be rechromed, or check with GPR &/or with Bruce S/bdstone914 for what ones he may have on-hand rechromed (he'll be at the G&R 914 Parts Swap & Flesh Roast in Riverside next month - see post in Garage forum on here).

70-74 Bumper Top Pads:

FG ones are also available from the above sources.

Occassionally an NOS factory one or pair turns up, & AFAIK the rear one is still available via Porsche to dealers & PP, AA, etc.

Both Mark/Mikey914/914rubber & AA make excellent repro's out of better rubber/plastic materials with SS studs & inner stiffeners (originals are actually expanded closed cell polyurethane which isn't always so closed & tend to hold moisture causing the carbon steel stiffeners & studs to rust - ergo the dimples). Mark/914rubber is west coast & AA is east in Atlanta - take your pick.

I've seen both products in person & had gotten Mikey's F&R before AA's came out, & had gotten a factory rear one before I knew about the issues & hoping to find an NOS front. IMHO I'd have no qualms today going for either 914rubber's or AA's if I were in the market now.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
914Rubber.com

Good quality, reliability, service after the sale, timely... supports our community by attending our events, supplies swag in large quantities for give-aways at these events. And he's just a fine person as well... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.