Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aussie GT Homage gets bolt on performance enhancement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
Made some progress on the 2.4>3.2 upgrade this week. The PMS bolt in engine mount is fitted. Went with the bolt in version as the weld in one would have required an engineers report for rego. I was running the 2.4 with the PMS "Quick Six" bar but ditched it after it bottomed out on a ripple strip at the track.

Was a bit pissed off about having to modify the WEVO 915 tail housing for the reverse light switch. Apparently you can order it with or without the switch but I only found out after having purchased it without. Had to fix a minor oil leak around one the studs as well.

The 3.2 has been cleaned and checked over and is almost ready to go in. I'm using the old 1.5 inch exhaust system for the moment but will upgrade to larger primaries at a later date.
Verrry cool- good luck with install.

Oh one question, why Wevo when you can get Martin's 915 /916 conversion?
dale73914
Hi Phil,

Just thought i'd say hi, and well done with the work to get yours back on the road / track.

Mine is a standard 1.7 aand while part of me loves the originality idea, there is definately a part of me that loves the idea of a six conversion, even just a standard 2.7, 3.0 or 3.2 would make mine fly compared to how it is at the moment.

Will be following yours with interest.

Cheers

Dale
porbmw
Wow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.