Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who sells a proper negative side stripe?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scott_in_nh
As some of you know my car got backed into and requires a new hood.
I am considering having a few other things fixed at the same time that might require new stripes.
I am probably going to go silver/gray this time, but otherwise want them as shown.

thanks!
ConeDodger
A guy on Pelican... Doesn't hang here much anymore. I don't know his screen name as he changes it from time-to-time but his real name is mikez... you'll see the ad in either the 911 or 914 classified section.
reharvey
Haven't seem these for sale in a long time. I bought some positive stripes from a guy in Malta several years age but not around anymore. GOOD LUCK
Mark Henry
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 20 2012, 06:41 PM) *

A guy on Pelican... Doesn't hang here much anymore. I don't know his screen name as he changes it from time-to-time but his real name is mikez... you'll see the ad in either the 911 or 914 classified section.

agree.gif He goes by the name Joe Bob.
reharvey
Like this?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2012, 08:57 PM) *

http://www.nbdgraphics.com/
Mark Henry
QUOTE(reharvey @ Sep 20 2012, 09:02 PM) *

Like this?

No, that's a positive stripe.
The LE's in the original post are negative stripes.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2012, 09:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2012, 08:57 PM) *

http://www.nbdgraphics.com/

Thank you for the link!
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2012, 09:12 PM) *

Like this?

only one of those is a real LE wink.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Sep 21 2012, 11:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2012, 09:12 PM) *

Like this?

only one of those is a real LE wink.gif

Your right, I admit I didn't really look at the cars just the stripes. A bumblebee is hard to miss. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Excuse my ignorance but what makes the longer stripe "proper" the LE stripe not proper? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.
bigkensteele
Another member here - Van will make you anything you like. I ordered two sets of positive stripes (yet to be installed), and his prices are good.

His email address is ivan@ephotomotion.com (or at least that is his paypal address).
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 21 2012, 06:54 PM) *

Excuse my ignorance but what makes the longer stripe "proper" the LE stripe not proper? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know.

it's proper for no better reason then that is the way I remember them and that is the way I like them.... evilgrin.gif
r_towle
Mike is a cool guy.
I don't have a hood but I have other body parts I'd you get stuck.
Flippa has a new tub with parts also.

Rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Sep 21 2012, 07:26 PM) *

it's proper for no better reason then that is the way I remember them and that is the way I like them.... evilgrin.gif

Oh, that's cool, I just thought I missed a CW topic that reveiled some new model designation with a proper stripe. I was ready to send an emergency PM to Pat! unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

Oh, BTW: I took a pattern off the Revanna car and sent it to Van. His first run of stripes were a little narrow. He should be able to fix you up.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 21 2012, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Sep 21 2012, 07:26 PM) *

Oh, that's cool, I just thought I missed a CW topic that reveiled some new model designation with a proper stripe. I was ready to send an emergency PM to Pat! unsure.gif

biggrin.gif

Oh, BTW: I took a pattern off the Revanna car and sent it to Van. His first run of stripes were a little narrow. He should be able to fix you up.

No you didn't miss anything, you confused "correct" with "proper".
For instance I might consider a 3.0 a proper engine, but it certaintly isn't correct! laugh.gif
ok thanks I'll look into it with Van
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.