Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone have a '73 and need the CHT?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlee6204
I've come up with a solution to replace the 0 280 130 017 CHT sensor since they are no longer available and I need a volunteer or two to test it out. ('73 2.0L cars only) No modifications needed, it looks just like any other CHT but with the correct resistance values so your car will run right. driving.gif I'm not currently running D-Jet or I would do it myself. Any takers? Winner Participant gets a free CHt out of the deal.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Sep 20 2012, 09:20 PM) *

I've come up with a solution to replace the 0 280 130 017 CHT sensor since they are no longer available and I need a volunteer or two to test it out. No modifications needed, it looks just like any other CHT but with the correct resistance values so your car will run right. driving.gif I'm not currently running D-Jet or I would do it myself. Any takers? PM me.

I have a '73 with a 2056 and no CHT at all right now.
ThinAir
I have a stock 73 that's currently running an 012 CHT. I plan to switch back to the stock 017 CHT, but I'd be happy to test yours instead.
dlee6204
For those of you who don't know, 73 2.0L cars had a one year only CHT and have become very hard to find. The 0 280 130 017 CHT is correct for '73 cars and reads different resistance values than those of other years. More information can be found on Paul Anders' site...

PBanders DJet

And then here is a chart that compares the original values to mine. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
metalmorphosis
Hey Doug I'll test it for ya and my motor will b out of the car for another week or so install should b easy. The only thing is mines a 1.7 if that matters

Gabe
dlee6204
QUOTE(metalmorphosis @ Sep 21 2012, 09:10 AM) *

Hey Doug I'll test it for ya and my motor will b out of the car for another week or so install should b easy. The only thing is mines a 1.7 if that matters

Gabe

Your motor is STILL out? poke.gif biggrin.gif This CHT will only work for '73 2.0L cars. I went back and edited the first post. Thanks anyway.
seventythree
I posted a WTB ad a few days ago looking for a o17 CHTS. My car is a bone stock 73-2.0L. So, I'm ready to test yours. Let me know what is next. Thanks
dlee6204
PM Sent
dlee6204
I've had a couple of people come forward so I'm good for now.... stay tuned. popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.