Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The New Boxter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JawjaPorsche
This is the first time since the 914 that a Porsche vehicle will be fully assemble at a VW plant. Does this mean the purist Porsche owners will start turning their noses up to Boxster owners like they do to 914 owners?

(The article said "this is the first time since the 914 that a Porsche badged vehicle will be fully assemble at a VW plant." Correct me if I am wrong but the 914 was never badged?) What is next? Porsche building a plant in Mississippi?
DRPHIL914
my 2000 S boxster was assembled in a Saab plant-- sooooo?
- in answer to your question, some will but most won't care.
as long as the quality does not go down to where the VW has dry.gif
poorsche914
Maybe not literally "badged" but the US 914s did have PORSCHE lettering on the engine grille idea.gif

driving.gif
rwilner
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 21 2012, 09:56 AM) *

as long as the quality does not go down to where the VW has dry.gif

VWs built in Germany have always been high quality. Abbie had a 97 jetta that was bulletproof and easy to work on. However, my 03 GTI VR6, built in Mexico, was worth less than what gets deposited every day into my 8-month-old son's diapers...I kept it for less than a year.

By the way -- as of 2011, VW is the largest manufacturer of automobiles in the world (by unit sales).
Cap'n Krusty
A lot of Boxsters were assembled by Valmet in Finland. The VIN on those cars begins with "U".

The Cap'n
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Sep 21 2012, 09:27 AM) *

The article said "this is the first time since the 914 that a Porsche badged vehicle will be fully assemble at a VW plant." Correct me if I am wrong but the 914 was never badged?

914's were not built in a VW factory, they were built at Karmann.
914-4's never saw the inside of the Porsche or a VW factory....
balljoint
What happens when you disassemble a 914 and then reassemble it, all in your garage in North America? unsure.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 21 2012, 05:14 PM) *

What happens when you disassemble a 914 and then reassemble it, all in your garage in North America? unsure.gif

You end up with some extra parts that you have no clue as to where they came from.
sixnotfour
does not Volkswagen own Porsche now anyways ??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.