Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Bosch spark plug number?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I just left my friendly Porsche parts place. Went in for W7CC plugs. They said the new plug # is 7900 and it's the same as W7DC

What do you think? Will these work ok in a 2.0?

Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 21 2012, 07:08 AM) *

I just left my friendly Porsche parts place. Went in for W7CC plugs. They said the new plug # is 7900 and it's the same as W7DC

What do you think? Will these work ok in a 2.0?

Thanks

Well, they'll fit, and they'll work (albeit not as well), but they're NOT the same as a W7CC (7998) and they're NOT the specified plug for your engine. The "D" indicates an extended tip, and Porsche and VW never specified that type spark plug for the T4 engine.

The Cap'n, not a fan of "if you don't have what they need, sell 'em what ya got".
bandjoey
Thanks. I'll sell em back and get the cc's.
aircooledtechguy
OTOH, I personally like the extended tip plugs. I use them regularly and have NEVER had any issue with their use. Everyone has a preference. . .

I run NGK Iridium extended tip plugs in my 2056cc that's in my Squareback. I'm running EDIS and they're great!! Never tried them with a regular Bosch coil though. idea.gif
euro911
I didn't notice until after my engine was completely assembled, but 'somebody' modified a set of 1.7/1.8L cylinder tins for 2.0L heads and didn't drill large enough holes for 13/16" spark plug socket mad.gif

Didn't want to remove everything so I purchased a set of BOSCH FR7DCX+ plugs (use a 7/8" socket).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.