Don't only Old people drive those??
blitZ
Yup, old farts and soccer moms.
SLITS
Volkswagen Touareg!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2012, 07:43 AM) *
One of us made this issue of Panorama

And here i thought you were talking about Dave Darling winning 1st in the 914 tech quiz.

rolleyes.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2012, 09:04 AM) *

And here i thought you were talking about Dave Darling winning 1st in the 914 tech quiz.

rolleyes.gif

Congrats Dave! Have not read the article yet.

And for those not in the know. That is Eric Shea leading tours in his Cayenne on the off road course.

balljoint
QUOTE(Ferg @ Sep 21 2012, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2012, 09:04 AM) *

rolleyes.gif

Congrats Dave! Have not read the article yet.

And for those not in the know. That is Eric Shea leading tours in his Cayenne on the off road course.

And also Erc would like to point everyone to his WTB ad in the classifieds for an entire cat back exhaust system and running boards and oil pan for his "Pepper". pinch.gif

Drums66
.....Right on DD crest.gif
bye1.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Note that they're not actually going "off road" in the (eeuww!) real "dirt"! What did you expect?

The Cap'n
Cairo94507
Definitely Eric.
MoveQik
Serious off-roading with 40 series tires. happy11.gif

aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 21 2012, 04:01 PM) *

Note that they're not actually going "off road" in the (eeuww!) real "dirt"! What did you expect?

av-943.gif I was thinking the same thing!!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2012, 10:04 AM) *

Did they list the section winners? I didn't take first over all this year. A fellow LPR member, Larry Sharp, did. Larry used to autoX and TT a 914-6, so at least there's some 914 tie-in there. wink.gif

--DD
NORD

I noticed a PMB add with a couple of teeners in the picture.

Nice add Eric!!! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
Nice Ercle... biggrin.gif
Drums66
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 21 2012, 08:54 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 21 2012, 10:04 AM) *

Did they list the section winners? I didn't take first over all this year. A fellow LPR member, Larry Sharp, did. Larry used to autoX and TT a 914-6, so at least there's some 914 tie-in there. wink.gif

--DD

....I'm familiar with larry sharp..1 of our alumni
you imposter
poke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 21 2012, 08:54 PM) *
Did they list the section winners?

They sure did ...
shades.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 21 2012, 07:01 PM) *

The Cap'n

No Cap'n - that IS the off road course.

They just had it swept and vaccumed first . . . .
Eric_Shea
I'd be willing to bet that 4x4 has been to more "real" offroad spots in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho than 99.9% of your so called SUV grocery getter soccer mom rides... With 40 series tires. They run nationals on that offroad course as well. Most of you girls would pee yourself doing what I did that day. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

10 miles of trail to get to this mountain meadow... (with the AC, seat heaters, PASM, and CD Player blasting all while towing about 6,000lb of trailer biatches!)
IPB Image
balljoint
I didn't read that very carefully, but did Erc just admit to peeing himself?
SLITS
No, he was attacking Canada and 99.9% of the world. He called you pwussies.

I took my 914 down the same road, but stopped and didn't cross the water hole.
balljoint
Here's another question Erc. Why were you running your seat heaters and your A/C at the same time? screwy.gif
scotty b
Next time I come oot for a visit Erc, I'll have to bring my CJ so we I can have some real fun.

FWIW I drove a Cayeene S yeaterday. It's a really quick/fun way to get to the grocery store and bar. I bet the kids love getting droiped off at school in it too beerchug.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(NORD @ Sep 22 2012, 12:51 AM) *

I noticed a PMB add with a couple of teeners in the picture.

Nice add Eric!!! smilie_pokal.gif

I don't know if there was any other threads on the topic of the full page PMB ads, but I like them! I think it is a testament to the good work that Eric does and ultimately how well his business is doing that he is able to do an ad like that! I think I have seen the new ads it in at least two issues?

first.gif

Richard
Eric_Shea
Thanks Richard! More to come.

It all started here. Couldn't have done it without the world crew.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 22 2012, 05:53 AM) *

I'd be willing to bet that 4x4 has been to more "real" offroad spots in Utah, Wyoming and Idaho than 99.9% of your so called SUV grocery getter soccer mom rides... With 40 series tires. They run nationals on that offroad course as well. Most of you girls would pee yourself doing what I did that day. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

10 miles of trail to get to this mountain meadow... (with the AC, seat heaters, PASM, and CD Player blasting all while towing about 6,000lb of trailer biatches!)
IPB Image

I can vouch for Erc on this... In the top pic, that is me in the passenger seat...

Oh, and he didn't run off and wash it either. It stayed dirty like that all weekend. I was most impressed with the towing ability. He towed his trailer (in the lower pic) through the mountain passes at 70 mph on the way down to Moab from Sandy...

The Cayenne is a for real 4X4. It will replace my Tahoe when I get around to it.
Dave_Darling
It was certainly dirty enough when I saw him late in the week at Parade. wink.gif

Not sure if that was trail dirt or laziness, though. biggrin.gif

--DD
SLITS
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 25 2012, 10:14 AM) *

He towed his trailer (in the lower pic) through the mountain passes at 70 mph on the way down to Moab from Sandy...

No biggie ..... it's all down-hill anyway! poke.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 22 2012, 06:53 AM) *

I'll take that bet assuming we don't have to be state specific. My Suburban has seen some ugly sheet. Only got high centered on a rock once. Oops. dry.gif

That said, my next ride will be a Jeep Unlimited with the new engine. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
my next ride will be a Jeep Unlimited with the new engine.

idea.gif those are pretty sweet.
Dave_Darling
Let's not forget Clay Perrine, who won his class at the autoX! (And Betty trophied in the "Mens" class, which is a first for Parade.)

--DD
scotty b
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 25 2012, 04:05 PM) *

(And Betty trophied in the "Mens" class, which is a first for Parade.)

--DD

Now if only Clay could..... unsure.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 25 2012, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 25 2012, 04:05 PM) *

(And Betty trophied in the "Mens" class, which is a first for Parade.)

--DD

Now if only Clay could..... unsure.gif

I actually won the same class my wife was in. First time in 27 years of AXing with her that I beat her... and in HER 914!!! first.gif

She says "It's on now!" and tells me it will never happen again.

Betty
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 25 2012, 07:05 PM) *

Let's not forget Clay Perrine, who won his class at the autoX! (And Betty trophied in the "Mens" class, which is a first for Parade.)

--DD

Thanks for the mention Dave! driving-girl.gif Clay and I were both driving my car and the poor baby was even wounded!

The funny part was there were two guys in the class that were seriously considering paying the protest fee to protest me.... because I'm female.

I must say, that was a really strange feeling when I finally figured out why the whole class was not being allowed to leave the impound area.
Betty
"I actually won the same class my wife was in. First time in 27 years of AXing with her that I beat her... and in HER 914!!! first.gif

She says "It's on now!" and tells me it will never happen again."

And oh yeah..... you BET it's on now! driving-girl.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.