Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible Central Florida (Orlando) get together
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I'm getting some e-mails from 914 owners in Central Florida.

Do you all want to get together one Saturday morning or afternoon?

Let me know who's out there.

Regards,

Karl
URY914
I know of about 6 that post on Pelican that my want to get together. You know the Parade is next month just north of Tampa.

Paul
72Signal914
I'm down for it, by the time we plan something and set a date my car should be back on the road biggrin.gif.
Qarl
I can't make it to the Parade.

I think ticket sales closed yesterday anyways. It's not just a show up and attend event. (At least that's my perception).

Anyways, I'd like to schedule a non-Porsche Parade get together in the Orlando area some other time.

One night a month (I have to figure out which day), the local antique and F-body car club meets at a local shopping center and has a car show. That might be an idea. (I just gotta figure out when).

I'll come up with some dates and post it here soon.

Regards,
watsonrx13
I in. Karl, maybe we can meet once a month for lunch/dinner and some bench racing. Then the next month meet at someone's house and help work on a teener. I know I can ues the help, but would also like to help others.
72Signal914
Can I be the first car to be worked on, mainly my engine compartment is dirty as hell and I still consider myself a newbie to the 914 (as far as mechanical) and maybe just go over some stuff. I'm in East Orlando about a couple miles form Karl's house we could do both since he's actually restoring his car.

About the Parade, you don't have to be entered in it to go, i figured we could possibly caravan over on the Monday for the Concours D'Elegance and then drive back. It depends on how many guys wanna drive their cars that far. Just remember that the parade is in Tampa and mihgt not be back around FL for a while.
Rouser
I might be interested ... keep us posted.

I resized the banner so it would fit without scrolling left-to-right.

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Go Karl..

Get these people together and spread the 914club word...

B
Qarl
How about June 14th, Saturday around lunch time (12:00 noon) in Orlando Florida. There is a large shopping plaza with lots of restaurants near the 408 (East West Expressway) and Alafaya.

I'll pick one of the restaurants (Smokey Bones, TGIFridays, Johnny Rockets, Hooters about a mile away). Or by popular vote.

Here's a MapQuest link to the meeting place.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?pan=n...W5bpuFuZA%3d%3d

Respond here or e-mail me if this date will work!
Qarl
Even if your teener isn't running you can attend. Mine's not running. I think half the folks in Central Florida don't have running 914s.

Spouses or significant others are welcome too!

Regards,

Karl
Rouser
I've heard that if this is a 914World.com-sanctioned event, that Brad picks up the beer & meal tab. If this is true, well Hell, COUNT ME IN!

Yeah, I know ... not even in my wildest wet dreams! rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to attend; just gotta get out-of any "Honey-Do" lists. I know ... I'll tell her I've got to make a car parts run; she HATES hearing-about/knowing-about/paying-for-any parts runs, ESPECIALLY for that "Red, Time-Sucking Whore From Hell" parked in the garage!

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.