Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will this engine fit in my 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4&category=6428

Drool...
type47
sure, we can make it fit... laugh.gif
Jeroen
A 3.2 will be more fun and a shit load cheaper...
biggrin.gif
DNHunt
Wow

Dave
type47
yeah, but the 3.2 would be way down on the cool factor......
Stutgart46
I was wondering if that thing was going to pop up here. drooley.gif
kafermeister
I want a fan shroud like that for a Type-IV so I can put it into my Beetle. The Type-1 shroud can work for my app but it's definately not as cool as the early Carrera shroud.

drooley.gif

Rick
Root_Werks
I have only ever heard a couple of the 4cam 4cyl's run before. Man, all those gears sound sooooo sweeeeeet! drooley.gif My other dream car is a 550 with a 4cam. rolleyes.gif

And of course, my other dream car I own. wink.gif
qa1142
I would raise the value of your 914!
idea.gif
eeyore
I'll get to put my grubby hands on one of these this month. I friend just bought one for his Carrera 2. Wheee!
Cap'n Krusty
I put one of those in a 912, long ago in my former life at Porschop........ The Cap'n
davep
Cool, two 4 cammers for sale at once. Ideal for his and hers matched pair. And here I thought these were never for sale; only by trading. What will we see next? 908 & 917 engines for sale?
Sammy
Aint never put a wrench on one of them but I've heard they are the most complicated, difficult to build, tempermental engines known to man.
Still cool tho.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Sammy @ Oct 28 2004, 10:38 AM)
Aint never put a wrench on one of them but I've heard they are the most complicated, difficult to build, tempermental engines known to man.
Still cool tho.

Not that bad, actually. 80 hours to build one at the factory. You have to be meticulous and hava an enormous amount of patience. I never did a bottom end, but I've done a couple of top end overhauls. I still have the books ................. The Cap'n
Bleyseng
If Jake does do a fan shroud for the 914 then it should look like this one. Then the 550 spyder guys could use it too.

Geoff
John Kelly
Hi Geoff,

Dario is making those...you will have to search:

http://www.spyderclub.com/phpbb2/index.php

Here is the picture I told you about...

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
i love porsche
the same guy is also selling a 904 engine for the bargain price of 65k!
kafermeister
Thanks for the link John. I found this.

Custom 4-cam shroud on a pushrod engine.

...from this thread...

4-cam shroud thread on Spyderclub

Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.