Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cars first drive in years today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brandon113
I baught my son a 73 914 a month or so back that hadn't been driven in many years. Not sure how long but I have never seen the kind of gu that was in the fuel tank. Any way the injection was toast not a componit was working so I put some 40 IDA webers on it new dist, cleaned the fuel system, changed the oil and today drove it for the first time. Lots of work to do but at least it lives.....lol

By the way I got lots of info from here thanks guys!

Brandon
roadster fan
smilie_pokal.gif Way to go!

Funny you posted this today. I had a guy come by the garage sale today and ask about my 71 which I have only driven sparingly in the last year. I had to get that one running after sitting for years too, and had a lot of fun with it for the last 5 years.

Looks like the 71 is going to a new home on Monday and I will focus on getting the 73 done! Already having sellers remorse, but at least I have another.

Hope you enjoy the car,

Jim
bembry
pics or it didn't happen!
kbrunk1
My 73 is on blocks but it smells the street!
Betty
welcome.png ... and Howdy neighbor! Clay and I live in Hurst. Holler if you have any problems, questions or just want to talk cars! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

October 13th is the swap meet at Zim's Autotechnik in Bedford. 1804 Reliance Pkwy Bedford 76021. 8:00 a.m. - noon. There are usually a lot of 914 people there; we'll be there for sure!
ClayPerrine
agree.gif

If you need help or just want to talk 914s, I will be in my garage today building a new motor for Betty's 914.

welcome.png

Just PM me and I will send you an address.

And after 27 years, I have LOTS of spare parts, so if you need something, let me know. If I don't have it, I can help find it.

wrightee
QUOTE(Brandon113 @ Sep 22 2012, 07:27 PM) *

I baught my son a 73 914 a month or so back that hadn't been driven in many years. Not sure how long but I have never seen the kind of gu that was in the fuel tank. Any way the injection was toast not a componit was working so I put some 40 IDA webers on it new dist, cleaned the fuel system, changed the oil and today drove it for the first time. Lots of work to do but at least it lives.....lol

By the way I got lots of info from here thanks guys!

Brandon

Congrats! I did the same out here in VA-GIN-YA today. Got it to start yesterday, after plenty of help here on the forum. 75 1.8 with the original L-Jet. Ran rough for a little, but then came to life after it blew some of the years of crap out (and some rust off the exhaust). Drove it down the block and got it turned around in the driveway. driving.gif
Grelber
welcome.png

From McKinney.........
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.