Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sealed Batteries from Wallmart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kbrunk1
Have stock position battery tray.
Have in-town car.
Still on blocks..

Anyone use a plain old Wallmart sealed battery?
What is the biggest one I can use for the most cranking amps?
Or is this bad?

Thanks
kbrunk1

OK any regular black sealed batteries?

Size and brand???? thanks
mittelmotor
I've got a 7-lb. WalMart battery in my NC Miata that's at least 2 years old. It works quite well if the car is driven daily. If it's gonna sit for more than a couple of days, I throw it on the Battery Tender.

With the 914's older, crusty, high-resistance wiring, it might be wise tyo stay with the standard size.
bandjoey
I have a 2 year old normal sealed battery from Wallyworld in the proper size and it's great. If I don't drive it for a week, I plug in the HF battery tender to keep it fully charged. No leakage. I got a can of battery spray to kill acid, and spray it just in case every month.
bcheney
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 23 2012, 06:42 PM) *

I have a 2 year old normal sealed battery from Wallyworld in the proper size and it's great. If I don't drive it for a week, I plug in the HF battery tender to keep it fully charged. No leakage. I got a can of battery spray to kill acid, and spray it just in case every month.

What is the correct size for a teener battery?
bcheney
Bump

luskesq
QUOTE(bcheney @ Sep 30 2012, 07:31 PM) *

Bump

It is a group or series 42.

Keith
KELTY360
I've got a sealed Walmart battery in my Vanagon. It wouldn't hold a charge after not being driven for about 8 months. The replaced it at no charge, no questions asked. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again, although if your 914 is exposed to wet weather I'd get a gel battery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.