Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: NOS or Near Equivalent Hella Side Markers w/Backing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Nürburg Nomad
***EDIT: Restored current lenses, just looking for 1 or 2 backing plates now with clean, functional electrical contacts...

Against the norm of shaving the side marker lights, I'm opting to keep mine original (in this one instance). blink.gif Though my current set is functional the original Hella lenses are cracking & the drivers side backing plate is very brittle with both sides of the tabs that snap into the fender pinched too far in to actually hold it in place.

I'm strictly looking for Hella OEM lenses (w/Hella logo), with the white plastic mounting/backing plates, on the drivers side at a minimum but ideally both. NOS would be ideal, but a 9/10 or 10/10 take off will work as well, given my current set is probably a 6 or 7 out of 10.

I know most Teeners like to shave these, so perhaps someone has a pair that were removed & stored indoors years ago that are just collecting dust? If so, help keep my 914 blinking! driving.gif

I don't specifically need the hardware, bulbs, or seals, but if those come included so be it, shipped in a small USPS Flat Rate box for $5.15 would be even better for this student owned 914! smile.gif
914Sixer
New ones are still available BUT they are $100 each.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 23 2012, 10:36 AM) *

New ones are still available BUT they are $100 each.

Yikes! wacko.gif Let's scratch the new ones then, I'm not building a concours car and that's about 8X my budget for both sides! Good to know though!
914Sixer
AutoAtlanta has reproductions. You can get the gaskets there too.
Nürburg Nomad
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 23 2012, 06:32 PM) *

AutoAtlanta has reproductions. You can get the gaskets there too.

Thanks for the info, but I'm planning to stick with original Hella logo'd lenses if possible. I already have new seals produced by 914 Rubber (who also makes new lenses) I'm just a stickler for everything matching.
70-914nut
i have a set pm me for price
Nürburg Nomad
UPDATE: Given pricing and condition of the available side markers I've decided to keep my current lenses, though am hoping to find 1 or 2 of the white plastic backings that are in good condition, with clean functional electrical contacts as my drivers side isn't functioning currently... or perhaps someone has advice on how to clean up the hard to access contacts?
markb
Were these what you were looking for?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Nürburg Nomad
Those look nice! biggrin.gif Though most likely out of my price range... unsure.gif Do those have the backing plates with the electrical contacts too?
markb
I knew I had some around here, it just took awhile to find where I hid the box from myself. The 2 left ones in the unopened boxes are complete with the mounting plates, but the right ones in the bags don't have the mounts. Yes, unfortunately, I think they're out of the price range you were looking for. I just wanted you to know there are still some NOS ones out here if you want them.
914werke
smile.gif
Nürburg Nomad
^^^ Check your PMs smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.