Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rhodes71/914
Well now that I have gotten the car driveable its time to mess with some other things.

My wipers are stuck about mid-windshield. My first question is with the wiper switch off and the ignition switch in the on position should the wipers return to their resting spot. Nothing happens when the switch is turned on. Messing with the fuse which blows after some time with the ignition on I noticed that the fuse is hot. I am thinking that maybe the wiper motor is burnt out, or froze up somehow. What do you think? Any other possibilities.

Also nothing else on that fuse seems to work.
ruddyboys
Wipers should return to the resting point. Has the motor worked recently, it could need a good cleaning, lot of crap can build up. It could also have a short, that would cause the fuse to blow. To check it is a pia because u have to remove the gas tank.
you can take off the black nut that holds the wiper arm on, and then remove the arm so that you can see if the motor is making a full turn without the arm on. if so, put the arms back on with the blades fully retracted and see if you get a full sweep-I've seen the wiper arm back off the nut or get stripped where it connects to the bolt from the motor, causing partial operation of the wiper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.