Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rustiest 914 I've seen in person
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Went to NJ today to see this one. Car had sat in the driveway under a car cover for 10 years. Seller told me she had trailer'd it to a restoration shop and they said it was too far gone. Car bent when she unloaded it in the driveway. She had told me the interior was pristine. It was a moldy mess. She said the wheels were worth well over $800. I offered her some money for the twin rear view mirrors but she was still too emotionally attached to sell any parts. Forgot to get vin - sorry Andy. Will probably sit for another 10 years. sad.gif
scotty b
agree.gif

She contacted me wanting to know if it was worth restoring. I have more pics of that one if anyone wants to see it. barf.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 23 2012, 08:50 PM) *

agree.gif

She contacted me wanting to know if it was worth restoring. I have more pics of that one if anyone wants to see it. barf.gif

Nice looking Fuchs...
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 23 2012, 08:50 PM) *

agree.gif

She told me it has some surface rust so I gave her your info. She was right. The rust is on every surface. biggrin.gif
Chris H.
Wow that's kind of a weird rust pattern. Never seen the whole cowl go like that. The cover must have absorbed water or trapped it there.

Still, it MIGHT buff out... bad camera angle maybe? smash.gif

Mike Bellis
Still has some good parts. That's a $300 East coast car. It would be free on the West coast. Actually, over here the owner would pay us to take it away. biggrin.gif
bembry
I love that color (the blue, not the rust)
reharvey
Just needs a little TLC lol-2.gif
Pat Garvey
I'd pay 200 for the wheels, but I don't want the hulk.

Sad! But we need the VIN to retire it.
TargaToy
Was that a 2.0 Liter car? I love it when you drive a good distance only to find the car EXTREMELY misrepresented in the prior conversation with the seller. I drove an hour once and found one sitting on its belly like that. I stayed 10 minutes and drove back home...slightly steamed.
02loftsmoor
That makes want to cry, stoot the old girl, put her to rest. ar15.gif
Chris H.
You forgot to close the passenger door.... C'mon man now it's really going to get rusty! av-943.gif

pete000
It is slowly returning into its natural unrefined state of dust in the earth...
mepstein
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Sep 23 2012, 10:59 PM) *

Was that a 2.0 Liter car? I love it when you drive a good distance only to find the car EXTREMELY misrepresented in the prior conversation with the seller. I drove an hour once and found one sitting on its belly like that. I stayed 10 minutes and drove back home...slightly steamed.

BTDT but I knew this one was bad before I took the hour drive. I was planning on buying as a parts car but seller has been looking at unsold ebay BIN prices and thinks everything is worth a mint. Sure the bumper pads are nice but not 400 nice and who's going to remove the rusty bumper to then be able to get to the nuts on the pads, only to have the studs break off the metal strip. Stopped at my mom's house for dinner then home so the trip was a positive for me.
two-strokejohn
It "s always refreshing to see a car worse than the one you have up on blocks !
rick 918-S
Why don't you find her a nice solid 914?

I'm sure she wants "her" old car but if she was thinking about restoring that one she must have a nice budget. She could have the replacement re-painted to match her old car.

The price for bringing her some info and idea? she pays you to have the poor heap removed and put out of it's misory. dry.gif
carr914
Rick, the problem with that is that she already let that one sit outside for 10 Years, how good would she take care of another one?
IanS
exactly, she needs a vette or something made of non-rustable bodywork. Or a garage.
timothy_nd28
Vettes rust too, I just replaced a frame in one
Woody
Just curious, how much did she want for it? Scooter let's see those pics.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 23 2012, 04:50 PM) *

agree.gif

Maybe the wheels
Porschef
She must live by da Joisey shaww.... confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.