Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear trunk dents - pdr an option?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rex66m
Anybody had any luck getting the large pancake trunk dents fixed via PDR? These are the rear trunk dents that are caused when someone pushes down in the wrong space (too far towards the middle). Car has original paint so I do not want to repaint. Thanks in advance - rex
IronHillRestorations
A good PDR can do wonders. Ask around for recommendations, or get references. Some body shops offer PDR.
914_teener
QUOTE(9146986 @ Sep 24 2012, 07:19 AM) *

A good PDR can do wonders. Ask around for recommendations, or get references. Some body shops offer PDR.

agree.gif

I had one taken out of the front fender....right at the top of the curve .....given the right person it is amazing.
underthetire
As stated, a good PDR guy can do wonders. Stuff i never though could be fixed without paint.
914werke
Problem is if the "bows" have been pushed PDR isnt gonna fix that.
jim_hoyland
What is PDR represent ?
rex66m
paintless dent repair
toolguy
When I did my car, the front hood looked like a golf course and I was contemplated having to start with a different hood. . I didn't want filler. . My buddy who owns the body shop had a PDR guy come over and look at it. . . he said he could get out 95% of all of them. . there were 7 big ones and a couple of smaller ones. . I watched the process, and it's amazing. . took him 2 1/2 hours. .$175 IIRC . and the results were astounding. . he massaged the bottom with little rollers and spoons looking things, stretching everything back into place. . only hard part is when the dent is over a brace. .it was very slow progress and took a lot of patience but you really see the slow progress coming into view with each rubbing. . My guy was so good, he didn't hurt the factory coating on the bottom side
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.