Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The car that was
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
The last post regarding this custom 914 was the Ebay ad for the remains of the once great car. When the car was completed the owner brought it to one of Joe Sharp's bar-b-ques. In the following month the car was trailered to Monterey for an event; on the return trip the trailer jack-knifed and caused catastropic damage. Some parts, like the motor, were sold off; the last I saw the remians were on Ebay.

Anyone hear/see anything on this ?
billh1963
Not to my taste; however, it looks like some serious time and talent ( not to mention money) went into making that car!
bulitt
Someone spent alot of time on this machine. Sort of looks like a 300zx?
damesandhotrods
If the car had “catastrophic damage” and “some parts, like the motor were sold off” I’d bet it was probably crushed. That sounds like bent frame damage, and from what I’ve seen around here someone would have be pretty attached to that chassis to cut all of those tubes and square the car up again instead of just starting over with another car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.