Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: and 2 more makes 5
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Contacted a craigslist seller last week about an ad for some Lotus Europa & Porsche 914 parts. Made the 2+ hour drive and come home with this 74 and truck bed full of fiberglass parts. I will be going back to get the orange 74 some time later this week.

Both have spent 12yrs untouched, The purple in a storage unit and the other behind a barn. What can I say, I have a sickness besides they were almost free.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
And before you ask here are the pics of the Lotus

pete000
Neat finds !
etcmss
so what are you up to with all these?
Gary
GaroldShaffer
the purple car is a parts car. The orange may be a good project car for someone. I will know better once I get it home.
Zimms
Is the purple one a repaint? How many 914 have you purchased over the years?
seanery
did you get the Lotus, too?
billh1963
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 24 2012, 09:13 AM) *

I love Europa's! However, if you think a 914 is a money pit just wait until you price parts on a Europa!...... av-943.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Zimms @ Sep 24 2012, 04:22 AM) *

Is the purple one a repaint? How many 914 have you purchased over the years?

I have lost count, but I think close to 25 - 30. confused24.gif Not all were parts cars, some are actually still on the road.

Working on it. I already have a buyer for it if i can get it for the right price.

You know, this being laid off stuff is a lot of fun. Going to look at a 912 in a few days. shades.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

What do mean " Layed off " I thought buying 914's is your full time job !!!

Go get i'm ! very jealous Dave slap.gif
seanery
this whole thing suits you well!!!

beer.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 24 2012, 06:40 AM) *

this whole thing suits you well!!!

beer.gif

I think so too. I just need to prove to Julie that I can make enough money from it to keep a roof over our heads.
etcmss
so where do you park all these? i was there and don't remember a lot of parking area.
Gary
Chris H.
Garold, your wife is a saint...seriously. You are a lucky man.

GREAT SCORE THOUGH!!!!!!!!!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(etcmss @ Sep 24 2012, 03:14 PM) *

so where do you park all these? i was there and don't remember a lot of parking area.
Gary

My drive is 3 cars wide and 3 cars deep plus I have friends. drunk.gif
GaroldShaffer
Purple car is gone. Glenn came by thursday and the sawzall-smiley.gif got it. I will update the database tomorrow with the vin info.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
Went back up to Wisconsin today and brought home the other "nicer" 74. I like this picture, it turned out pretty good for a point & shoot camera.
sixnotfour
Field of Dreams For Sure...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.