Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock LSD option
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
What type of LSD was optional on a 914? I'm thinking of one for my V8 conversion that would be a daily driver. I won't have absurdly wide tires, and I'm not looking for something perfect for any sort of racing. My biggest concern is being able to get going from a stop in the rain without having to try very hard. I don't want sonething that works TOO well or I'll just break the trans. I figure a stock one might be what I need, and might be affordable.

(I put an Auburn Gear brand unit in my Mustang and the difference in the rain is between night and day)
Mueller
it's not a question of how good, but of how to find one?? smile.gif

look at the threads from the past couple of days....a whole bunch of stuff on the pro's/con's of the different types and kinds
bondo
But what I don't know is what type/kind/brand the stock is.
Mueller
don't qoute me, but I want to say "ZF/clutch type"
KenH
Stock Porsche is ZF.

A Torque Bias unit may not work if one wheel starts to spin on wet pavement, depends on how much slipping there if.

ZF will work ALL the time.

Ken
Brad Roberts
You dont have to find a stock one... Guard Transmission makes a replica ZF clutch style LSD for our Porsche trannies.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.