Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Cooling Tin Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
I don't know what these 2 tins belong or if they even go on a 914. I'm hoping they are the vertical tins for the #1 and #3 cylinders. If not, can somone post a picture of what those 2 tins look like.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
wingnut86
I know this, but have a brain fart. Definately not 1.7, 1.8 or 2.0 tins.

SLITS, any thoughts?
type47
I'm gonna say that I think the bottom pic is a type IV tin and the cut out is for a snout for carb warm up. I have the same piece with the "snout" in my swap meet stash but it's buried in storage. You might check the link to the PET in my signature and see an illustration of the cooling tin that might answer your question.

PS: click on top link then choose 914 catalog then go to illustration 115-05
Dave_Darling
Neither one looks like 914 engine tin to me. I'm thinking it may be Type I or 356 tin?

Looks like too many angles and planes to be the Type IV tin.

--DD
Gearhead1432
My vote would be t4 bus engine parts.

-Rob
aircooledtechguy
Those are '72-'74 bus fwd lower engine tins. 1st one is the drivers side the 2nd one (with the square cut-out is the passenger side and is the hole for the ducting that takes warm air up to the stock 34mm carbs.

If you simply cut the bottom off of the 1st tin at the line, there's no difference in the stock 914 #1 tin.

Click to view attachment

Cut the 2nd tin off and fill the missing piece at the line, you have a replacement #1 tin.

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 24 2012, 03:21 PM) *

Neither one looks like 914 engine tin to me. I'm thinking it may be Type I or 356 tin?

Looks like too many angles and planes to be the Type IV tin.

--DD

agree.gif Not type IV. I have a stash of tin out in the garage, and these do not resemble any of them.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Sep 24 2012, 07:03 PM) *
If you simply cut the bottom off of the 1st tin at the line, there's no difference in the stock 914 #1 tin.
Cut the 2nd tin off and fill the missing piece at the line, you have a replacement #1 tin.

If you say so, but at the very least it does not look like the 2.0 liter engine tin pieces to me.

--DD
Bleyseng
1.7 bus tin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.