Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: one way to make you pics small and compatible
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
is to set your camera to its smallest setting which is usually 640x480

bandjoey
I always forget to change my camera so I downloaded Google Pica and it batch reduces multiple photos in one click.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 24 2012, 01:59 PM) *

is to set your camera to its smallest setting which is usually 640x480

Andy recently upped the filesize limit to 4mb, so size issues are not a real big concern right now. For example, here is an image that is 3350x2250, saved at 90% quality, that's only 2mb. Of course, if you plan to add a whole bunch of images to one post you would need to size them down somewhat. But the 4mb size limit makes a big difference ...

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
it might be my old computer - but it runs real slow opening build threads with lots of BIG pics.
dlkawashima
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 24 2012, 02:57 PM) *

it might be my old computer - but it runs real slow opening build threads with lots of BIG pics.

Probably a combination of your old computer and your network speed. Hopefully you aren't using a modem to connect to the internet. If your smartphone on 3G is faster than your home computer, you may want to consider upgrading your system.
sfrenck
Download Google Picasa software for free to both organize your pictures and resize them via the "export" command button (which asks you for a picture size and export directory to put them in)
Elliot Cannon
I've been using PIXresizer for years. Works great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.