Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't find a machine shop! Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lingcuisine
I have called several machine shops with no luck. Some have stopped doing machine work, only work on type1-3s, etc. I need case checked, cylinders bored to 96mm, all rotating parts balanced. I will be purchasing KB pistons and H Beam rods. What about Rimco or European Motorworks?
Thanks Jeff
yeahmag
I've been using Costa Mesa R&D for years now. John is very nice and I like the work he does.

http://www.engine-machining.com/
Cap'n Krusty
I have used Engine Machine Service in Inglewood, CA for over 25 years. They're just about as good as you're gonna find anywhere. (310) 641-7019. There's also Competition Engineering in Lake Isabella, CA (760) 379-3879. Walt has been doing Porsche machine work since the 60s, and he's REALLY good. I'm not sure he does T4 stuff, though.

The Cap'n
yeahmag
Can we safely assume "sued" should be "used" ;-)
arg
+1 for Engine Machine Service. I have had them do a couple of sbc engines and a 912 engine. Very good and a couple of nice guys to work with
Tony G
[/quote]
ClayPerrine
Automotive Machine in Fort Worth is a little closer to you. They do excellent work on Type IV engines.

Automotive Machine

infraredcalvin
QUOTE(Lingcuisine @ Sep 24 2012, 02:46 PM) *

I have called several machine shops with no luck. Some have stopped doing machine work, only work on type1-3s, etc. I need case checked, cylinders bored to 96mm, all rotating parts balanced. I will be purchasing KB pistons and H Beam rods. What about Rimco or European Motorworks?
Thanks Jeff

I've used rimco many moons ago , they did a great job for me, you can also try FAT Performance in Orange, CA, see what they can do for you.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 24 2012, 04:03 PM) *

Can we safely assume "sued" should be "used" ;-)

FIXED! Thanks.

The Cap'n
mittelmotor
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 24 2012, 03:43 PM) *

I've been using Costa Mesa R&D for years now. John is very nice and I like the work he does.

http://www.engine-machining.com/

+1 on John. He machined down some 914-6 rotors for me a couple of months back.

FAT Performance is also a great shop. They rebuilt a 2.0-liter 914 engine for me about 12 years ago, and I had zero issues with the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.