Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To paint or not to paint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Ok, I know many of you have ragged all over my car, referring to it as the "snowplow", but I like it.

I intentionally left the rockers black when I had the front spoiler, as well as the rear valance painted..... because I figured it would "blend" well with the Porsche decals.

However, now I'm thinking that it crates a visual "high-spot" in the middle of the car.

I got a VERY good opportunity to get the rockers painted for damn near FREE. Do I take it? Or do I leave em black??

Thanks!

Matt (ninefourteener)
ninefourteener
OOps, forgot the pic of my car:
MattR
I agree with the high spot thing. Paint 'em!
balljoint
Just paint one. Then you can have the best of both worlds, and no one can look at both sides of the car at the same time. biggrin.gif
jim912928
paint them!...I did my car entirely silver (valances, rockers, targa sails and targa top. Gives it a unique look!
Rhodes71/914
Paint 'em, they'll match the "plow" better laugh.gif
Ferg
buy another set of rockers, and paint those, so if you change your mind later...
Ferg.
sanman
if you paint them then the stip on the side will become the next issue just my 2cent
Jenny
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Oct 28 2004, 01:53 PM)
paint them!...I did my car entirely silver (valances, rockers, targa sails and targa top. Gives it a unique look!

Pictures? I'm planning on painting my bumpers next.

Jen
phantom914
QUOTE(Jenny @ Oct 28 2004, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Oct 28 2004, 01:53 PM)
paint them!...I did my car entirely silver (valances, rockers, targa sails and targa top.  Gives it a unique look!

Pictures? I'm planning on painting my bumpers next.

Jen

In the members pictures thread:

Andrew
STL914
it crates a visual "high-spot" in the middle of the car.

agree.gif

Paint them green. I'm having my car painted this winter and the valances and rockers will be Bahia Red to match the body.

I also have a second pair of ABS rockers and valances that
are gloss black that will allow me to change back to a "stock" look if I so choose.
hargray2
green.
bob91403
Paint 'em green. Or, paint the dam and valance satin black. Definitely straighten that line. boldblue.gif
Kargeek
With the vinyl sail panels, I would prefer black rockers but individuality is what counts! Paint 'em! DH
mharrison
Paint 'em green. If you don't like it, black paint is cheap!!!
TheCabinetmaker
Paint em dude! It's your car. Who cares what the rest of us think. If ya don't like em, paint them black again. <_<
bob91403
QUOTE(Kargeek @ Oct 28 2004, 05:43 PM)
With the vinyl sail panels, I would prefer black rockers but individuality is what counts! Paint 'em! DH

What's up with the rocker panel vents? Supposed to keep your longs cool? Sorry, but pointless vents make me cringe. headbang.gif
Allan
MMMMMMMMMMM let's see??? PAINT THEM!!!! biggrin.gif
Kargeek
[QUOTE]What's up with the rocker panel vents? Supposed to keep your longs cool? Sorry, but pointless vents make me cringe.

80's styling exercise...just to make 914 guru guys like cringe...

DH
Lou W
if you paint them then the stip on the side will become the next issue just my 2cent
I agree, Paint the rockers and remove the stripes beer.gif
Lou W
All three of those cars are gorgeous smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
MattR
Bob, I think you're way off. Kargeek's car is stunning. One of my favorite 914s out there. The vents are just a way to seperate it from the crowd.

That paint just makes me jealous!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(MattR @ Oct 28 2004, 09:50 PM)
Bob, I think you're way off. Kargeek's car is stunning. One of my favorite 914s out there. The vents are just a way to seperate it from the crowd.

100% agreee. having seen the 'geeks car, it is stunning! i may louver mine smilie_pokal.gif
Lou W
Posted on Oct 28 2004, 08:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto smile.gif
bernbomb914
agree.gif
about the louvers, I like them

Bernie
bob91403
I LOVE everything else about Kargeeks car. So, why don't you put louvers all over your trunk lids. I'm sure it would make your car go faster. You may think it's "stylish" to put louvers all over your car, where they do NOTHING! It looks like a lame declaration of bad taste to me. Louvers have their place. When they're put where they belong, they are both functional and cool. Otherwise you might as well put louvers on the back of your pants, to show you're full of shit, and you need someplace to vent the excess gas. At least then, they'd be functional. finger.gif
ninefourteener
Thanks for all the input folks biggrin.gif

Not exactly the "landslide" I was hoping for, but I think for the most part, the majority is right. If I don't like them, I can always go black again.

As for the stripes..... I'll tackle that when the time comes. I wanna see how it looks first.

Thanks again--- Matt
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.