Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early 914LE perhaps?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
VIN 4742914066 was observed in the service department at Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati today. It appeared to be in exceptional OEM condition. When I added the VIN to the data base, the # appeared to fall OUTSIDE the LE number sequence. confused24.gif The car had a Manhattan (NY?!) Import license plate frame on historical plates.

Paul
poorsche914
Was the car painted in Creamsicle or Bumble Bee colors?

Since 4742914348 is the first LE recognized by Porsche, the one you saw may be a tribute car or perhaps it is like 4742921331 - beyond the range recognized by Porsche but Can Am package shown on the window sticker.

Only sure way to tell is to check the COA.

driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 24 2012, 06:37 PM) *
Only sure way to tell is to check the COA.

agree.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 24 2012, 05:37 PM) *

driving.gif

U1V9 Black/Yellow

If I can get back there again, I'll check the build date, but I always feel a little creepy snooping around other peoples cars unsure.gif

Paul
poorsche914
If you get a chance, look under the front air dam for mounting tabs coming out from the torsion bar end covers and connected to the bottom of the spoiler. And while you are under there, look to see if the spoiler is authentic. See Bowlsby's CanAm site for details.

driving.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 24 2012, 05:53 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 24 2012, 05:37 PM) *

driving.gif

U1V9 Black/Yellow

If I can get back there again, I'll check the build date, but I always feel a little creepy snooping around other peoples cars unsure.gif

Paul

Paul, there was a bumble bee at the Ault Park Concours in 2010 that was local. I don't recall the guys name, but I am almost certain that it had Cinci plates. It was definitely restored (vs. original), but to a pretty high standard. My guess is that the owner is a serious car collector who owns many cars and would not frequent here. Most guys on this board would not have their 914 serviced at a dealer.

Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Love to know more about this car if you can get to it.

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 24 2012, 06:17 PM) *

VIN 4742914066 was observed in the service department at Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati today. It appeared to be in exceptional OEM condition. When I added the VIN to the data base, the # appeared to fall OUTSIDE the LE number sequence. confused24.gif The car had a Manhattan (NY?!) Import license plate frame on historical plates.

Paul

1970 Neun vierzehn
Went back to the dealer today, even brought a good camera to document this car, and ........it's gone sad.gif
bandjoey
Ask the service writer to email the customer for permission to get the vin???
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 26 2012, 04:40 PM) *

Ask the service writer to email the customer for permission to get the vin???

I had gotten the VIN. I was hoping to take a pic of the Karmann plate in the door jamb. Would not an LE paint code number be stamped there along with the chassis number?

Paul
JeffBowlsby
Nothing special about the paint codes on the door plates Paul. BBs are just L041 Black and CS's are L80E. The only way to know for sure is to get the COA and PCNA has confirmed for me previously the earliest LE VIN which is after 14066. :frown:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.