Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 glove box removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Can the left and right glove box door springs be disconnected without removing the entire dashboard? I just want to remove the door. I've tried a search....no luck.
TIA
Marty
914itis
I installed mine yesterday PITA. I think you can access the left side if you remove the radio. For the right side you may have to remove the bottom of the dash if you are post 72.
Jeffs9146
agree.gif PITA!!!!!
76-914
agree.gif ,too. One of my worst 914 experiences to date. headbang.gif
914itis
Did I mention that they at very frail, I broke two already.
Sea Dragon 914
I have the same problem. I locked my glove box and now it won't unlock. I'm going to take out the radio to see if I can access the nut that holds lock assembly in. Good luck on your project and I hope both of our removals go well!

QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 25 2012, 08:21 AM) *

Did I mention that they at very frail, I broke two already.

Nürburg Nomad
Hooray for glove box delete?! biggrin.gif Not that I had any say as my teener came that way...
Maltese Falcon
The bolts were a snap, actually used a dime to unscrew those.
I'm going to cut the springs, use the glove box door for a new venture and worry about the re-install later.
Since the part is coming out of a donor car, saving the springs is no big deal.
Thanks for all the tips!
Marty
scotty b
oak tree....come along..........beer.................BFH......................hooker horny companion ..................... Miata first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.