Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rebuilding a turbo engine (914 related)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pcar_914_6
Some of you know that I put six cyl. Porsche motors into 914's. I need an engine holding fixture for a turbo motor and most vendors are out of them temporarily. Anybody got a good used one that can get it to me quick?

Thanks,
Ron Mott
'74 914/993 GT conv.

Jeroen
Try HPH, they usually have one of the Rich Johnson mounts in stock
www.highperformancehouse.com
pcar_914_6
Thanks Jeroen.. In this case though I'm after an engine stand head-end that is specific to Porsche/VW engines prior to the 996 and Boxster engines (1999). Regular engine stand heads will work for non-turbo engines with a bit of grinding, but you can't spin the engine if the heat exchangers are still attached.

The proper head also allows you to attach the flywheel and clutch stuff on the stand. Lot's of folks buy the thing and use it once.
Jeroen
Ha... I guess I misunderstood your question.
I thought you needed an engine mount for the car biggrin.gif

Can't help you with info on a work mount.
I think it's best to start a new thread with a title that is more topic related, you'll have a better chance of getting some replies

cheers,

Jeroen
Sammy
Nice timing. I just sold one to a member at D&G for $100 including the bench atachment.
sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.