Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil cooler for 3.2 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I have an oem 914-6 oil cooler on my 3.2 engine. I'm planning to put an aux cooler in the front similar to a GT car. GT hard lines, thermostat, shroud, ect.

Air Cooled Racing sells an oil cooler bypass plate that fits on the engine in place of the stock cooler. I would then increase the size of the front cooler since it would be the only one.

The single cooler set up is what's used on the 964(3.6-911) engine as well as Joe's 914-6rs and SirAndy's car.

Any downside?
carr914
Here is a Porsche by-pass part ( I believe it is a 993 Part # and will work on earlier motors down to 2 liters) & it encompasses an Oil Filter Housing

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 26 2012, 01:46 PM) *

Here is a Porsche by-pass part ( I believe it is a 993 Part # and will work on earlier motors down to 2 liters) & it encompasses an Oil Filter Housing

TC - Thanks for pic. I've seen the part and I think they run ~$450. The aircooled racing part is $160 and does not include an oil filter mount.

Your thoughts on the whole idea?
Ferg
How do you cap off the fan shroud for the air that was meant for the cooler?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.