Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Dads' 914 will have to wait....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dad Roberts
Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. I have been a lil bit preoccupied with the return of my old type III. I know there are some type III people on here too, maybe they will appreciate my problem... biggrin.gif . Dad driving.gif
Dad Roberts
Oops.. wacko.gif ...here's a pic
GWN7
Nice....Details?
scruz914
Wow! Don't let the guys on the Samba see that. How high do you get the front end in the air?

-Jeff
Allan
When it comes to family just do what you have to do.... wink.gif
Dad Roberts
There have been pics and stuff on here b4 about it, but this is it's latest reincarnation. Where to start..?? Obviously cut into pick up..chopped 3 inches....suicide doors...1937 Ford headlights....shaved everything....euro taillights( flat lens)....oh yea......455 cu.in. Oldsmobile in the back, ala Toronado.
Bleyseng
Cool! I think you should do this to number 4!

Geoff
MattR
I have a type 3, but Im selling it next week because its not running, and I dont have time to rebuild another ACVW...

Looks nice though!

Do you go to any VW car shows in the area?
Dad Roberts
I was at the VW Drag Day at Irwindale Speedway last Sunday. My plan on going there was to compete..( a V8 bug about won the thing back in the spring). I had replaced a repaired radiator the previous owner had managed to damage and Saturday it was fine. On Sunday upon my arrival at the track, I noticed a leak. Figured all the air-cooled guys wouldn't see the humor in me leakin on their track.. biggrin.gif . New plans are to run it on Thursday night at irwindale...Nov. 11. Was at a Vdub show couple Sats ago in Upland. Was also at the VW Panic a couple months ago.
reverie
That will be fast. You have all the safety equipment, I hope.

Back in the mid-'80s, there was a Beetle with a 455 Toronado racing at the NW Bug-In.
It was surprisingly fast, running consistent high 11's. Gary Berg beat him in the final, but it was close. The crowd was totally into it.. a classic "good" vs "evil" matchup! I'm sure you'll be catching some of that. wink.gif
seanery
That's a wild ride there Dad! Suicide doors and all! w00t.gif
Dad Roberts
The car runs well, but isn't extremely fast. It has been pretty much the way you see it for 15 years. I sold it 9 years ago, and bought it back about 3 months ago off of Ebay. I ran it at Pomona, at their street legal drags, when they ran them in the mid-nineties. They only ran 1/8 mile at the time. The car ran low 8's. If it's 300 horse, I would be surprised.
Dad Roberts
Thought you might like it Sean..... biggrin.gif . I have a pic around here somewhere with Brad ridin shotgun, headin for the Texas Motorplex. I'm not sure , but we might have been towin my type IV pwered rail buggy to drag race it.
rick 918-S
You Roberts are cool cats! I like all that stuff!
Ferg
Sweet, I remember seeing that on ebay... I love square's.
Ferg.
Dad Roberts
Thanks Ferg....actually, it started as a Fastback. It has been nice havin it back. It seems to be goin over better now than when I was showin it in the early nineties. It was a cover car, January 92, Hot VWs. Biggest change has been the wheels. They look like alloys, but are actually American Racing wheels..17x7 1/2. Dad driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.