Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: door handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
right side outter handle broke sunday. I had a extra I bought on ebay that was supposed to be good. It was'nt. The stud was broken I didn't notice it when I recieved it or I would have sent it back. Had to drill out the stud and put a metal screw to make it work. Is there a source for these handles that are new?
It seems that this is an on going problem. could they be made out of something beside pot metal?

Bernie driving.gif
Brad Roberts
Bern,

We can still buy new handles.. so trying to dupe them in something else wouldnt work out financially.

However.. when they become NLA.. I think you will see a demand for them and somebody will step up to the plate and make new ones from better material.

B
bernbomb914
Who sells them and how much?

Bernie driving.gif
Jeffs9146
Someone here did make some! I will search for the thread in a minute!

Edit:

URY914 has a part!! "I can fix the broken one if you want to send it to me."

Door Handle

Jeff
bernbomb914
looks like I better save the old broken one and get it repaired.

Bern boldblue.gif ie
bernbomb914
Thanks for the info.

Bernie
Jeffs9146
Your welcome!

Has anyone noticed that the clock is off by an hour!

So thats how you get us to stay up and post at midnight!!!!

Jeff
Part Pricer
New door handles are available through distribution from Worldpac. The lowest price being offered by any of their resellers is $192.26 with free shipping. Pelican lists them for $199.95, shipping not included. Here is a link and a pic.

EAS

IPB Image
URY914
Yes, I can/have fixed them.
$75.00, email me and I'll tell you how to send it to me.
I have pictures if you want to see how I do it.
Paul
fuch toy
I have two driver side ones....40 bucks each.
Rockaria
I always wondered??? Could you just weld up the break? Then send the parts out for chroming? I don't weld but a friend of mine has a great setup. I have a few that are broken in different areas. Some on the flapper, some on the part that attaches to the door.
URY914
The pot metal material really can't be welded. If the "flapper" part of the handle is broken it can't be fixed, but don't throw it away-the main body is still good. I can fix the tab that has the stud in it that attaches the handle to the door.

Paul
fuch toy
They break in three places..at least, not counting the plastic replaceable actuator. Keep the parts.....you can piece broken ones together by swapping in the unbroken pieces.....I have a whole drawer full.....
markb
Hi Bernie, Next time you come down to the shop to visit your BMW, ask John. We've got a few I put together from parts, plus I have a couple myself. We might even have enough bits and pieces to salvage yours.
Aaron Cox
speaking of door handles....i just changed out lock cylinders today. fairly painless- actuall- darn EASY. lubed everythng up for longer lasting performance smile.gif

i now have three spare passenger doorhandles to use in the future.

i think tweeks sells new doorhandles for 189.95 apiece
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.