Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New V8 forum
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smrz914
Renegade put up a new forum to replace it's e-mail based forum. It's similar to this site. So if you have a V8 car or thinking of one sign up at www.pors-chev.com. See you there!

IPB Image
Jeroen
why go there, when all ya need is already here biggrin.gif
skline
I signed up for it yesterday and never got the reply email from them to complete the reg. Maybe I will try it again later.I like it here though, the only thing missing is Scott from Renegade.
smrz914
Well I let them know of us as well. Just keeping it fair. Nothing can replace this site or the people within it.
Andyrew
Scott, I got the same problem...

Checked my "junk" email as well... no go..

Anyone else?
TheCabinetmaker
Maybe we should have our own 914-8 forum? No offense V-8 guys, but it just don't interest me.
skline
No offense taken, The last engine in a 914 I would have would be a 1.7 or 1.8, they just dont interest me. It's called individuality. It makes life interesting, if we were all alike, life would be really boring.
TheCabinetmaker
Scott, I was being serious about a seperate V-8 forum here. You guys are different, with a different set of problems, questions, and answers. Not better or worse, just different. You guys shouldn't have to wade thru the 4 and 6 BS any more than we should have to wade thru yours. Post general 914 questions on one forum, and 8 specific stuff on another. Sounds simple to me, but what the fuck do I know?
skline
Its cool, I wasnt upset or trying to be a dick. I was just a little defensive. No worries.
Mueller
it's as simple as just ignoring the title of the thread or user......I like to read "almost" all threads, or at least skim them quickly
skline
agree.gif I still remember all the type 4 stuff and it is still a 914 underneath. It just has a little more power. Electrical, suspension, brakes (sorta) and all the other stuff is still the same.
Jeroen
There's a lot of 914 conversions that I wouldn't do or buy myself
Still as a 914 nut and gearhead, I love too see what others are doing with their teeners

Like Scott's Chalon V8... that's something I'd never care to own. Still I follow his progress and pay attention to how he (and others) tackle problems. I admire his efforts and I'm 1000% sure it's gonna be one heck of a fun car when it's finished

If I had to go to another forum to look at projects like these, I'm sure I wouldn't...
And that's why I like it here, no discrimination.
And that is exactly why we don't have seperate /4 /6 /8 /racing etc. forums here
If things don't interest you, you can just skip them, but it's also a great oppertunity to broaden your vision
SirAndy
yeah, too many forums gets way too cluttered way too fast.
it's more distracting than anything.

if you don't like the V8 stuff, just ignore the posts that ask for water-hoses ...
cool.gif Andy

PS: i for one enjoy seeing all the V8 related stuff here. oh, and btw., i always liked the 1.8L in my car!
skline
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 28 2004, 07:19 PM)
PS: i for one enjoy seeing all the V8 related stuff here. oh, and btw., i always liked the 1.8L in my car!

So why did you pay to replace it with the 2.1?? I liked it in your car too. In fact, I liked your whole car. It shows your tastes in 914's, its an expression of you as mine is an expression of me. Which is how it should be.
Joe Bob
I was on there list serve...kept getting emails with attachments that my virus program kep geting fits over....

Personally....they should make an agreement with the V8 tolerant sites and merge....I have enuff traffic to to me keep me busy.
morph
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 28 2004, 06:00 PM)
No offense taken, The last engine in a 914 I would have would be a 1.7 or 1.8, they just dont interest me. It's called individuality. It makes life interesting, if we were all alike, life would be really boring.

agree.gif to each his own.
if we was all the same the world would be a boring place.
SirAndy
QUOTE(skline @ Oct 28 2004, 07:23 PM)
So why did you pay to replace it with the 2.1??

because trekkor was about to beat me in his 2.0L at the AX.

can't let that happen ...
biggrin.gif Andy
rick 918-S
I don't spend any time on any other sites. Don't have time. Besides, I've been active on several other car BBS's. There fine until you bring up something OT. Besides, my car really doesn't fit on the porchev board. Come to think of it, it doesn't really fit in anywhere.... huh.gif
boxstr
Let's see we can have a seperate forum for the cars, on jackstands,no motor,looking at but won't run,bidding on one,etc. biggrin.gif
Hey Rick your the Alien fits in here perfectly, just like every other 914 that all of the people here own or are about to own.
CCLINGASFORASS
914GT
There's already a 914 conversion board here - http://www.560sec.com/bulletinboard/viewforum.php?f=3 and there's hardly been any activity on it. One more forum may just scatter people out even more.
Brad Roberts
Two words:

Vendor Neutral.

When a vendor runs a site.............

B
bernbomb914
I like all the info posted here. It allows one to use their imagination about their cars and what they might do to them.

Bernie
andys
I like this forum very much, thank you. My questions and inquiries have always been brought great responses which I truely appreciate. I too read most everything, regardless. (And) I learn something new almost every day. The diverse points of view and approaches to various challenges are what makes it so interesting. Bought a brand new '73 (blk/blk, appearance group, AC, Koni's, lowered) so I appreciate them, now I'm doing a V8 conversion, and appreciate them as well.

Andy
Root_Werks
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Oct 28 2004, 07:09 PM)
I don't spend any time on any other sites. Don't have time. Besides, I've been active on several other car BBS's. There fine until you bring up something OT. Besides, my car really doesn't fit on the porchev board. Come to think of it, it doesn't really fit in anywhere.... huh.gif

laugh.gif It looks like a 914, it smells like a 914, but it is really an alien! ohmy.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.