Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone here own #9140432029 GT Track Car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

I stopped at a local auto gallery in Grand Rapids, MI today --www.grautogallery.com-- and they are getting ready to advertise/list this orange 1970 914-6 vin # 9140432029 GT track car with flares, big 3.2 f.I. motor or?? larger motor, along with lots of track goodies. I asked about price & they haven't put a $# on yet, but expect $40K + - ?? Check it out when it comes up on their web site. I don't want to tell what I saw, because it might be one of our members. Interesting 6er.???

Tom
SirAndy
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Sep 26 2012, 01:04 PM) *
I don't want to tell what I saw, because it might be one of our members.

It's in the VIN database:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;byUser=2142

idea.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 26 2012, 04:24 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Sep 26 2012, 01:04 PM) *
I don't want to tell what I saw, because it might be one of our members.

It's in the VIN database:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;byUser=2142
view
idea.gif

Hey Andy,

GR Auto Gallery just posted this 914-6 on their new listings site. I don't know how to post here for viewing by our nit-picker's. w00t.gif

Price: $50K

Tom
sixnotfour
http://www.grautogallery.com/details.php?i...1&srt=added DESC
turk22
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 28 2012, 12:57 PM) *

These guys seem to have a steady trickle of 914's come thru, I've looked at a couple of different ones over the past year, prior to purchasing the one I have now. They always seemed to price them just a little more than I thought was reasonable, but they always seemed to sell.
TJB/914
QUOTE(turk22 @ Sep 28 2012, 02:42 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 28 2012, 12:57 PM) *

These guys seem to have a steady trickle of 914's come thru, I've looked at a couple of different ones over the past year, prior to purchasing the one I have now. They always seemed to price them just a little more than I thought was reasonable, but they always seemed to sell.

Steve,
When I first saw this 914-6 I thought $40K based on current market conditions. I know you could not build it for that, but that's the market, like it or not!!!
If I was buying this car, I would insist on a PP by a Porsche shop for engine condition, etc. The battery was low & it would not crank over, so I never heard it run. It's strictly a track car that looks good in the photo's, It's not a CW show car & looks good at 20'. If it were mine I'd tear it apart and make it look like Eric's GT. happy11.gif Then it would be worth $100K. laugh.gif I would question why the door tag was loose & not attached with rivets??? What was the orig. paint code?? #23?? Where is the factory COA?? It's a consignment car, so they probably have it marked up 10% to 20% or more?? If I am spending $50K I'd want to know a lot more. A nice (real) 914-6 someone put together with lots of love & money. You don't see many like this come up FS. popcorn[1].gif

Tom

rhodyguy
posting the dyno #s would help their cause. a video of the pulls would be too techie i guess. i'd make it as appealing as i could for that kind of dough.

k
mr914
I think I know this car

Will check with PO for vin # confirmation
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.