Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Alternator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
timothy_nd28
I have narrowed down the noise inside my engine, sounded like a rod bearing going out or the windage tray rubbing against a cam lobe. Good new, it was neither, ended up being my new Oreilly's alternator. Right out of the box, the key slot on the shaft was nonexistent, I should of taken it back then. However, I was in a hurry and turned a blind eye to it. headbang.gif After removing the belt, I restarted the engine and all the odd noises ceased.

So since I'm playing this alternator game again, for the second time. This time, I would like to buy a 75 hi amp version. I don't need new, a good used one should be fine. It would be nice having the pulley already installed, and my plastic front shield is in bad shape too. I'm also unsure with the bolts I used mounting my alternator, they may be incorrect.
jsayre914
I rember where I got the 120 amp alternator. It has been working perfectly, and it cranks!

http://stores.ebay.com/BNR-PARTS-ALTERNATORS-AND-STARTERS

Joseph

QUOTE(tim_nd @ Sep 26 2012, 04:14 PM) *

I have narrowed down the noise inside my engine, sounded like a rod bearing going out or the windage tray rubbing against a cam lobe. Good new, it was neither, ended up being my new Oreilly's alternator. Right out of the box, the key slot on the shaft was nonexistent, I should of taken it back then. However, I was in a hurry and turned a blind eye to it. headbang.gif After removing the belt, I restarted the engine and all the odd noises ceased.

So since I'm playing this alternator game again, for the second time. This time, I would like to buy a 75 hi amp version. I don't need new, a good used one should be fine. It would be nice having the pulley already installed, and my plastic front shield is in bad shape too. I'm also unsure with the bolts I used mounting my alternator, they may be incorrect.

dlee6204
I rember where I got the 120 amp alternator. It has been working perfectly, and it cranks!

http://stores.ebay.com/BNR-PARTS-ALTERNATORS-AND-STARTERS

Joseph

agree.gif That's where I got mine over 3 years ago and I've had no issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.