Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GPR SWAY-A-WAY Special Purchase/SALE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
hwgunner
GPR has just made a special purchase of Sway-A-Way Torsion bars and we are passing the savings on to you. These are first come first serve and only while supplies last. These are for 914-4 front suspension only.

21mm Solid $199.00/set Regular price $253.00
22mm Solid $199.00/set Regular price $253.00
23mm Solid $199.00/set Regular price $253.00

20mm Tubular $244.00/set Regular price $305.00 Back in stock 5/23/2013
21mm Tubular $244.00/set Regular price $305.00

Plus shipping and Sales Tax in California and Texas. I have several of each so let me know what you want.

Jonathan
hwgunner
SGB
Great timing. I am underway on bringing my car back better than ever. Can you advise which would be best for a street drive 73 2.0? I willl PM you tonight...
hwgunner
that depends on what you do to the rear and what is "street" to you. A good solid set up would be 21mm front and a coil over set up for the rear with 150lb springs. if you want somethnig more stock i do have some 17mm available also.

jonathan
hwgunner
SGB
Budget dictates 17 mm and no coil-overs at this time. Not prudent some would say. I will call you to order today or tomorrow.
Looks like an awesome deal. Thanks.
Nor.Cal.914
Hey Jonathan,

I have a '75 with rear coilovers with 220lb springs and a chassis stiffening kit installed in the rear as well and was wondering what you might suggest for my setup? My 914 is basically my weekend driver now which mostly consists of Hwy 9/35/84 runs and hopefully some track days in the near future.

Also, what are the benefits of tubular bars vs. solid bars besides possibly less weight?

Please let me know! Thanks!

-Chris
Luke M
Put me down for a set of solid 21 mm t-bars.
I'll contact you later today with payment info.

Thanks
Luke
hwgunner
Still plenty left. beerchug.gif
hwgunner
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif
tadink
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 10 2013, 08:14 AM) *

icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif

what is the weight savings for the hollow bars?

thx

td
hwgunner
depends on the size. what are you looking at??

jonathan
hwgunner
tadink
QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 10 2013, 05:31 PM) *

jonathan
hwgunner

20mm and 21mm - wondering what the weight savings might be....I'm going light and looking for any savings I can find!

thx

td
plas76targa
Do you have any 21 mm solids left? PM sent.
hwgunner
QUOTE(tadink @ May 10 2013, 07:56 PM) *

QUOTE(hwgunner @ May 10 2013, 05:31 PM) *

jonathan
hwgunner

20mm and 21mm - wondering what the weight savings might be....I'm going light and looking for any savings I can find!

thx

td

I just looked and checked 21mm solids vs 21mm Hollow and the weight savings is roughly 1.8 pounds. I do not have any 20mm bars here to measure.

hwgunner
beerchug.gif
75porsche914
Very interested, what would be best for my 1975 914 2.0 street car?

The engine is now a 2.3/4

Thank you
hwgunner
QUOTE(75porsche914 @ Jun 2 2013, 02:44 AM) *

Very interested, what would be best for my 1975 914 2.0 street car?

The engine is now a 2.3/4

Thank you

That depends a little on what you have for rear suspension and if it is stock or not. If it is stock and you want a little stiffer front end then I would say you should stick to the 20mm bars, 21mm maybe but this will start to throw off the balance front to back. If you want bone stock then I do also have a set of 17mm fronts which is very very close to the stock bars.

jonathan
hwgunner
SLKWrx
This looks like a great deal. If I'm reading the thread right, I'm upgrading to ground control koni coilovers with a TBD spring rate. Should I stick with 21mm? Car is 70/30 AutoX/Road. If so, let me know how to pay.
hwgunner
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Jun 6 2013, 11:02 AM) *

This looks like a great deal. If I'm reading the thread right, I'm upgrading to ground control koni coilovers with a TBD spring rate. Should I stick with 21mm? Car is 70/30 AutoX/Road. If so, let me know how to pay.

21mm torsion bars are a good compromise for the street and AX. I might go a little stiffer but then I like a hard ride and am probably outside the norm. What ever you do you need to match those spring rates to the bars that you get. The balance is the most important thing. jonathan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.