Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ((( GROUP BUY - Weber 40IDA-3C Rebuild Kits? )))
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
Who's got the best prices on Weber 40IDA-3C carb rebuild kits? confused24.gif

I've been checking around on the web and prices seem to be all over the place - I've got four carbs to go through and I don't want to go broke doing it dry.gif

EDIT: Maybe we can set up a Group Buy on complete good quality kits?
toolguy
look at the kit contents carefully. . some don't have all the gaskets, some don't have needle valves or all the copper washers. . . some have fabric washers which crush out and seep. . . .IIRC The set I got was complete from Zims and it was around $100 and it was a real Webber set. . . I bought another kit from EBay that was around $ 30 and it was the main gaskets only. .
Eric_Shea
I have a couple for my carbs that I might not be using.
GeorgeRud
I've always used PMO as I felt that I would be getting the correct parts from Rich. There are some kits that are less than complete, and all these carbs are getting old enough that they probably should have a complete rebuild, not just some new gaskets.
euro911
Yeah, I've noticed the differences in the kits offered. I missed out on some nice complete sets for $30. each from a seller on ebay.

For over a year, I kept looking at the seller's items and reminding myself to get some. When I finally went to buy 4 kits a couple of days ago, they were all gone headbang.gif That'll teach me to sleep, eh?

I need a pair of kits for a set that I rebuilt back in the late 70's. The car originally came with 6 individual Solexes, but changed out to Webers when the car came into the US. I believe these carbs have less than 100k on them, as the car only has 125k on it.

I want the other set for a running '69 engine, but otherwise have no history on it. I'm going to pull these and check them out. I'm hoping they're OK as is, but would like to have some kits handy, just in case confused24.gif

Let me know what ya got, Eric ...
Elliot Cannon
I bought some from CB Performance but is was a long time ago. Try them. http://www.cbperformance.com/ (If it's for a six, they might not).
euro911
Yeah, Elliot ... already checked with CB on Monday, when I bought some jets for the 'BB'.

They don't carry any 3-choke stuff, but they have really good prices for IDF venturis smile.gif
larryM
Pierce Manifolds in Gilroy CA 95020

- he (Mike) is a primary Weber supply house - you will get all the right stuff in his oem kits, and he has every other part & jet you'd ever need as well

he sometimes posts on eBay, but i forget the store name

euro911
Pierce is $46.40. That's $16.00 more /kit than the ebay seller, but they're $7.00 less /kit than the next up vendor, and $14.00 less than the next in line after them, all with comparable kits. Maybe I can get a quantity discount (my own personal GB) idea.gif ... laugh.gif

Thanks for the recommendation Larry thumb3d.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 29 2012, 02:52 PM) *

Pierce is $46.40. That's $16.00 more /kit than the ebay seller, but they're $7.00 less /kit than the next up vendor, and $14.00 less than the next in line after them, all with comparable kits. Maybe I can get a quantity discount (my own personal GB) idea.gif ... laugh.gif

Thanks for the recommendation Larry thumb3d.gif

If you can find a better price on complete kits for sure I'll take a set for my 40's. bye1.gif
Eric_Shea
That price is WAY cheap for Weber kits ya CSOB teeners! biggrin.gif

Seriously, get them from the guy in Gilroy.
euro911
Always been a CSOB, but more-so now - I'm on a fixed-income these days biggrin.gif

I'll inquire about a quantity buy of 10 sets confused24.gif
Mark Henry
I believe these are kits for a single carb so make sure you are clear on this point. To me "sets" would be for a pair of carbs.

If you can work something out I'd be solid for one pair for sure.
I might also be in for a second pair for my buddy.
euro911
Yep, thinking 10 'pairs' (20 kits), Mark. I'd be buying 2~3 pairs myself shades.gif
Gint
I need a set for a pair of carbs myself. What's your plan exactly Mark?
euro911
To Rule the World someday, Mike happy11.gif

I'll start by calling Pierce and ask if they're receptive to a group buy, and quantity thresholds. Not sure if they're making much of a profit as it is, but it's worth a try confused24.gif

If it's a go, I can start a GB thread?
Gint
Absolutely. And thanks.
euro911
OK, here's the poop from Mike at Pierce Manifolds:

We'd need to purchase 20 rebuild kits (10 pairs) ... Pricing would be $80 for 2 kits (1 pair). I rounded up the $ to make it easier (they're actually $39.44 for each kit ... $78.88 /pair)

The kits are high quality and complete, containing 31 pieces. Some of the other kits I've seen have only have 23 pieces, others have even less confused24.gif

Here's the kit:

Click to view attachment

Since Pierce is located in California, sales tax is applicable if I purchase them

EDIT: (CA tax 8.75% = $7 for a pair) dry.gif (updated #s below)

That comes up to $87 for one pair.

They would be shipped free from Pierce to a single address, and would need to be re-shipped out to the individual buyers.

They can be re-shipped in a USPS flat-rate box for approx $6 to anywhere in the CONUS. ($13 to CannuckLand) poke.gif

So if I purchase and redistribute them:

$93 gets you a pair shipped to your door.

Two pairs: $180 shipped ($90 each pair)

Two pairs to Canada: $187 ($93.5 each pair)

If 'someone' outside of California collects the payments, pays the invoice, receives the single shipment, and reships them out to the individuals buyers, we can all save an additional $7 on each pair

$86 gets you a pair shipped to your door.

Two pairs: $166 shipped ($83 each pair)

Two pairs to Canada: $173 ($86.50 each pair)
Mark Henry
I'm in for one set.
I'll see if mike914 wants a set.
Eddie914
I'm in!

Cheers,

Eddie
toolguy
Have them sent to Nevada, no sales tax.
mskala
I'm in for a pair.
Phoenix-MN
Put me down for 2 pair

Paul
Mark Henry
I'm in for sure for 2 pair.

Working on a third set wink.gif

I don't think you'll have a problem getting enough peeps for this buy, so you might want to have a cut off/close date on this.
euro911
QUOTE(toolguy @ Oct 2 2012, 09:29 AM) *
Have them sent to Nevada, no sales tax.
Paying the tax would be less than a round trip drive to NV slap.gif

Seriously, that's a good idea. It would be beneficial to all if someone outside of CA was the focal point.

Anyone outside CA here willing to accept payments from the participants and handle shipment duties? confused24.gif ... If so, feel free to chime in. I'm not doing this for the glory.

PARTICIPANT ......... QTY

euro911 ...................... 4 ... (6?)
Mark Henry ................. 4 ... (6?)
Mike Ginter ................. 2
Eddie914 ..................... 2
mskala (Mark) ............ 2
Phoenix-MN (Paul) .... 4

Total ........................... 18 ... (22?)
gms
So tell me if I have this correct?
Group buy = $92 gets you a pair
Pierce = $46.40 x 2 or $92.80 a pair

confused24.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 2 2012, 02:10 PM) *

So tell me if I have this correct?
Group buy = $92 gets you a pair
Pierce = $46.40 x 2 or $92.80 a pair

confused24.gif

That is the shipping included price and if someone else, not from California (sales tax if shipped to same state), is willing to step up to the plate we save even a few more bucks per kit.

The bird is $75 each kit, X2 plus shipping.
toolguy
Have them all shipped to someone else, out of state , then simply re-mail all them back to Calif in USPS flat rate box for $12. . . and distribute them from there. .
If you talking 9% Calif sales tax on 20 -30 kits, that's a bunch of savings. .$8 per person per pair
euro911
I originally figured a CA tax rate of 7.25% (approx $6 /pair.). Just looked it up, it's actually 8.75% ($7 /pair) sad.gif

I didn't ask Mike what the shipping charge would be for an individual pair purchase, just going by what other vendors typically charge for small orders ($7~$12). A group buy only gets free shipping on the initial combined order shipped to the focal point.

CA residents get to eat s#it when buying from CA vendors so this would work much better if shipped elsewhere ...

See edited post #18

I apologize for the screw up screwy.gif
(yes, I'm medicating) smoke.gif
Mark Henry
I'm still in for two pair, any way this happens it's still a deal..

I'd step up and take over the buy but shipping them to Canada would cost more in taxes.

Even if you have fresh carbs you know one day you will need one lousy little part from a kit. smile.gif
Mark Henry
bump
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.