Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running a little hot. Ya THINK?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
I pulled this 1.7 I've been flogging to do a clutch job. It's got to last me another year or so until the six is ready. It's always run hot (I've put about 3,000 miles on it since I brought it home). While I have it out for the clutch work (Oh yah, and the turbo) I thought I better pull the tin off and make sure it's all debris-free in there because if it was hot before, it's going to be h3ll under boost (about 8-9psi max. I'm crazy, but I haven't lost ALL sense of reality).

Gee.... Do ya think there was a problem?

-Ben M.
airsix
Oil cooler? What oil cooler?
It's packed solid. I put a halogen shop light under it and no light gets through.

-Ben M.
Brad Roberts
I see this almost every time I crack a engine open.

I blow up thru the cooler with a air nozzle.. and in between the cylinders... you see crap flying everywhere trying to exit the tin.

B
Brad Roberts
OH.. ha ha ha.. I didnt even notice the "extra" spark plug.

B
MarkV
You couldn't do that down here in Arizona. Is that an original equipment spark plug? cool_shades.gif
Brad Roberts
The front cylinder is buried in the tin for the spark plug.. I have lost a few on 1.7/1.8 engines.

B
SirAndy
aren't those engines amazing?
i mean, what other engine would take a b(h)eating like that and still run ?!?

Andy
Bleyseng
Looks like a rag got sucked in there, is it?
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Umm Ben..

Number 4 cylinder appears to be leaking compression...

B
MarkV
You guys don't miss a thing! Can hardly wait to post pictures of my disassembled motor. lol2.gif
ChrisReale
Dude my engine looke dlike that after it sayt in my garage for 10 years. It needs a bath. Take a shower with it and let it know you love it wub.gif
campbellcj
Ick...that's nasty icon8.gif barf.gif
Aaron Cox
yucky icon8.gif

time for a bath! smile.gif
Zeke
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 13 2003, 09:35 PM)
OH.. ha ha ha.. I didnt even notice the "extra" spark plug.

B

Is that twin plugging? Both at once? <_<
Bleyseng
I have seen the extra spark plug a few times. Must be left there after they lose it trying to install/remove the old plugs.
Geoff
Mark Henry
What no mouse nest or bones? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.