Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel lines inside engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
matt5596
I'm looking at the high pressure fuel hose sold by the meter on pelican. I've got a stock '71 1.7 and I'm not sure how much of each diameter I need to refresh all the fuel lines in the engine compartment. I planned on buying the pre-bent injector elbows.

I've searched all over and found plenty on diameter but nothing about the total length of each.
bandjoey
Call the Bird. 914 owners there and very helpful with questions.
Thestigz06
QUOTE(matt5596 @ Sep 28 2012, 12:16 PM) *

I'm looking at the high pressure fuel hose sold by the meter on pelican. I've got a stock '71 1.7 and I'm not sure how much of each diameter I need to refresh all the fuel lines in the engine compartment. I planned on buying the pre-bent injector elbows.

I've searched all over and found plenty on diameter but nothing about the total length of each.

i heard something like 6ft total but it may have been 8.
bcheney
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Sep 28 2012, 03:42 PM) *

QUOTE(matt5596 @ Sep 28 2012, 12:16 PM) *

i heard something like 6ft total but it may have been 8.

You may want to check with Tangerine Racing (Racer Chris) on this board for a recommendation on the type of rubber fuel line to buy. The ethanol in fuel today is very hard on certain rubber lines...Click the link below and read on...

http://www.tangerineracing.com/stainlessFuelLines.htm#Rubber Fuel Hose

30R9 Rubber Fuel Hose

Today's pump gasolines contain additives which will degrade older rubber hoses, sometimes in as little as one year. Even brand new low pressure fuel hose (non-fuel injection) isn't guaranteed to protect against this degradation. Our hose is designated 30R9 for high pressure fuel injection use and is resistant to corrosive fuel additives. As such, it's an excellent choice for carb applications as well.
Sold by the foot or in 10ft. sections.
flash914
I'm looking at pulling the engine out of my 14. I already changed ALL the fuel lines (both plastic and rubber) but was thinking ofchanging the piece that goes across the back of the engine the a steel line. I will also get rid of the cold start injector at this time as I am using a mega squirtII.
JeffBowlsby
See here: http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

About 1/2 way down the page - lengths and everything. Be sure to replace the other rubber hoses by the fuel pump and under the tank, they all go out at the same time.
metalmorphosis
I just got all my 30r9 lines from tangerine racing. Chris sent me everything from the tank to the engine, not sure of the footage, but he took care of that for me. I had a great experince with Chris and everything looks great. Also the Bowlsby website is awesome, I forgot what went where and the diagrams there set me straight.
matt5596
Thanks for all the responses!!
jesiv
QUOTE(metalmorphosis @ Sep 29 2012, 07:51 AM) *

I just got all my 30r9 lines from tangerine racing. Chris sent me everything from the tank to the engine, not sure of the footage, but he took care of that for me. I had a great experince with Chris and everything looks great. Also the Bowlsby website is awesome, I forgot what went where and the diagrams there set me straight.

Why no clamps on the hose next to the injector?

Regards,

james
scott_in_nh
I got all of my fuel lines, hard and soft from Chris at Tangerine racing too.
The kit includes 9-10 feet if I recall correctly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.