Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another interesting car on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
just found another very rare 914 on eBay: item #2498244768

So long,
Gustl
skline
I saw that car awhile back on Ebay, it didnt sell then and it probably wont sell this time. I think he was asking too much for it and it had been parked for so long with so much wrong with it. It would be cool though, right hand drive.
Lou W
Posted on Oct 28 2004, 09:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw that car awhile back on Ebay, it didnt sell then
I wonder how much it would cost to ship here? and what kind of problems you'd have to deal with to make it legal? ohmy.gif
skline
Legal wouldnt be a problem, the shipping I am sure would be quite costly.
bob91403
I've got a three colored turd in my toilet, plus corn. Very rare. Got to be worth as much as that car. FREE SHIPPING. biggrin.gif
larryp
This post, as they say, is worthless without pics.

Someone had to do it.
bob91403
Pics are on the link, duh. monkeydance.gif
Part Pricer
I think he is talking about your turd. biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
I looked into importing a rare 914 from Germany a year or two ago.

Here in the states you have to hire an importing company to federalize it. They quote you a fee like $2-3K for a 914 and they have to import it for you. When they receive it on the docks, they sequester it away and make it USA and in my case, CA legal. They swap everything from the km/h tach to the windshield and engine stuff for emmissions. They said they could not even give me the stuff they removed...which was part of the reason to import in IMHO.

Then I told them they car I was interested did not operate... whlie it was complete it just had not been started in awhile and I was not able to determine what was wrong with it to describe it further. They were speechless and didnt know how to proceed.

I dont know, but maybe this car can be imported in a shipping container as parts? It might avoid tons of hassles with federalization requirements...

cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif
skline
Wow, what a great idea, I would have never thought of that. On the other hand, what if you lived there and wanted to bring the car over with you, do you still have to go through the same stuff??
Rusty
I've SO wanted that car... but I just can't afford it. sad.gif

Maybe have it shipped to one of our brothers in Canada... then drive it across the border. confused24.gif
GaroldShaffer
I've SO wanted that car... but I just can't afford it

agree.gif That and when I told my wife about it, I got "THE LOOK" and a I don't think so. slap.gif

I think it would be pretty cool to attend the different 914 events in it. Heck we could park next to #4 cool_shades.gif
double-a
so here's a loophole-type question: to get around the "federalization" requirements, couldn't one just have the car disassembled and shipped over in a huge crate as "parts?" it looks as if it's partially disassembled already...

~a
balljoint
Ship as a Model Car. Scale 1:1
double-a
QUOTE(balljoint @ Oct 29 2004, 11:41 AM)
Ship as a Model Car. Scale 1:1

laugh.gif there ya go. see, there's all kinds of ways around the problem.

~a
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.