Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC, What I did yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
My boss was cool enough to take 7 of us to Infinion Raceway to take the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Driving School. The little turbo Evo's are pretty cool. The school is class time, offensive driving, auto cross, on track apex training (at the 180 curve), and then several track sessions. The cars are showroom stock except for graphics. I think it's an insurance liability thing. if they modify the cars and someone gets hurt... = Lawsuit.

The school runs from 8am to 4pm. What a blast! I wish these handled like a 914. There is serious body roll but the car recovers nicely. With 300hp, the car gets to a maximum of 100mph on the track. Most were paddle shift dual clutch trannies. At one piont I put it in sport mode and left it in drive. The car up shifts and downshifts at almost the exact time I would need to manually. Fun little car. Just needs suspension upgrades and a little more power.

I took some video while I was there. First is the auto cross. No video of me driving but since my co driver was also Mike, you can pretend. My boss was in the white Evo. Then I held the camera as a passenger while my driver (also Mike) has us close to running into the dirt. We did a pool for $20 for the winner of the autox, it was my boss. He deserved it since he put up the money for the class. What a guy! All 7 of us were withing 5 tenths of a second apart. Winning time was 58.02 Mine was 58.44 driving.gif We fricken hammered on these cars! Flat out! Too much roll and turbo lag for an auto cross, but it was still fun thrashing someone else's car!

Great fun! They have an Audi class too and you get to drive R8's. Next time maybe.

Here's some pics and videos... smile.gif You can here the instructor over the radio. He is in the Blue Evo.

Me waiting for the autox...

Click to view attachment

AutoX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LQGcKpf5w

On track. There are two groups, each with an instructor leading 2 cars. Our group, behind the Blue Evo, was faster than the front group. we kept having to slow down and give them a half lap cushion. We had about 8 session each on the track and more sessions at the auto cross.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-dm1FC0qA
JRust
Nice w00t.gif
Cairo94507
What a great day for work! Very jealous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.