Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted: 914 in SF
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPGREER
So I was driving through Bernal Heights in the city, and saw a yellow 914. You may find this hard to believe... but that is the first one I've seen (other than at HPH) since I got mine in August. Is it one of yours???? I was just excited, so I thought I would share.

Brian
SirAndy
QUOTE(BPGREER @ Oct 28 2004, 11:50 PM)
You may find this hard to believe... but that is the first one I've seen (other than at HPH) since I got mine in August.

i have seen a few in the city.
i work near the ballpark and i see a green one there at least once a week.
there's also a silver one from time to time.
then there's a red one that i have seen at least twice down there ...

driving.gif Andy
Root_Werks
I think it is kinda cool we don't see our cars out much anymore. Same way up here. Unless you are going to some event or something, I am lucky to catch a glimps of a 914 maybe once every 2-3 weeks? There is a silver one at my work, but I don't know what garage he parks in or what builing he works in.
Jenny
Maybe Jeff Keyzer's? I know his GF lives in the city.

I saw a green one yesterday and we exchanged honks. I've flagged him down before and chatted, told him about this site. But he has yet to post here. Michael Mann, where are you?!??

Jen
mightyohm
Wasn't me! Last time I drove to the city in the 914 I had a rather unfortunate incident, that was back in July. Haven't done that again since. biggrin.gif
Jenny
Palo Alto holds the same luck for my 914. I've had multiple "OH SH!T!!!"s there. Of course, I have my theory on that. <_<

Jen
mightyohm
I saw a creamsicle on 101 today in Sunnyvale, around 2:30PM. That's the first 914 I have seen in a while (besides my own).

Is there a 914 breakfast this weekend?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Oct 29 2004, 04:44 PM)
Is there a 914 breakfast this weekend?

yes, see nailed thread ...

wink.gif Andy
fiid
QUOTE(BPGREER @ Oct 28 2004, 10:50 PM)
So I was driving through Bernal Heights in the city, and saw a yellow 914. You may find this hard to believe... but that is the first one I've seen (other than at HPH) since I got mine in August. Is it one of yours???? I was just excited, so I thought I would share.

Brian

I left a sticker on that car a couple of months back - the sticker is not on the car and I haven't heard anything from it's owner (left email too).

There was another blue 1.8 on Andover (also in Bernal) which also got a sticker a couple of weeks ago. Also haven't heard from that person.

LAME.

Do you live near bernal??
ChrisReale
Ive seen that yellow one from time to time.
skline
I need to get my glasses out of the truck, I came into this thread expecting to see a spotted 914 from San Francisco

biggrin.gif
BPGREER
Yeah, I live down near San Bruno Ave just a few minutes drive to cortland. I take my dog up to the part now and then. I saw a green one just off of HWY 1 north of Half Moon Bay today. That's 2 days in a row after months of nothing. It is kinda cool that they are so rarely seen. If I go to the breakfast tommorow, I'm sure Ill be seeing a lot more.

Brian
BPGREER
BTW, today was my first real road test. All the way from the city to Half Moon Bay and back. What a blast. Got stuck behing a damn semi on hwy 92, but other than that... Can't wait to put some more miles on her. Still needs work, but I guess that will never end. Just thought I would sharel...

Brian
fiid
Oh cool. I am on Highland Ave - between Andover and Bennington - couple blocks south of Cortland.
BPGREER
I take it that wasn't your yellow car then. Are you going to the breakfast in San Jose tommorow?
rhodyguy
you give them the vinyl STICKERS? do you put a note on them to let the people know that they (not the people) were STICKERS, and not some opaqe oval thing that reads backwards?

kevin
Hammy
You guys are lucky to live in SF..

Ever reenact Bullitt with your 914's? biggrin.gif
BPGREER
Maybe after I update my 31 year old suspension biggrin.gif ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.