Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so i have a problem.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mhuber45
I have a slight problem, i had a care delivered to my dad'd shop(see hidden 914's) and i need to move it...and now cannot locate the key..any way i can hot wire it to move it? I am sure the key will turn up it just moved my shop and house so i am un packing still
Mike Bellis
I once sold a 65 Mustang. The day before the truck came to take it away, I lost the keys. I hired a locksmith to make new keys $250. The day after the car left for the East Coast, I found the keys in a random box in the garage. Apparently fell out of my pocket as I walked past the box, fell right in without a sound, I never thought to look in that box during my search. Moral of the story; Look everywhere, you will find them.
KENNY
Take the trunk lock out and take it to a locksmith and they will make a key I not to expensive
mhuber45
im sure one of my four little 'helper' had something to do with it
poorsche914
QUOTE(mhuber45 @ Sep 29 2012, 12:14 PM) *
im sure one of my four little 'helper' had something to do with it

My 3yo helper (granddaughter) "lost" my key last week. I removed/replaced the entire ignition switch with an extra I had on hand. Found the key a few days later hanging on the hook near the front door where we routinely leave our keys dry.gif At least she put it where she thought it went. I always keep the key in the 914 when parked in the garage.

driving.gif
mepstein
Put furniture dollies under the front wheels.
Offer a reward to your "helpers" to find the keys.
Good luck

I think there's a code on one of the parts of the car that you can take to a locksmith to get a key made but I don't remember the details. Sir Andy, McMark or someone will know.
mhuber45
i don't the furniture dollies do well at 70mph behind my suburban LOL
rohar
QUOTE(KENNY @ Sep 29 2012, 08:31 AM) *

Take the trunk lock out and take it to a locksmith and they will make a key I not to expensive

Yup, door locks come out pretty easy too. It's amazing how fast and cheep a locksmith is with these things.

Another option is to pull all the tumblers out of the ignition, tape them to a piece of paper in order, then any Porsche style key will turn it. When you find the key, put the tumblers back in (preferably in order).
mhuber45
i was thinking of going to push buttin start on this one anyway, now may be a good time to move that mod up
toolguy
You can take the trunk lock out in 2 minutes. .take it to a key shop My key shop charged me $4.50 for a key. .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.