Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kerplunk! Something fell off!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ericoneal
This is was hanging down and resting on my Engine support bar after my drive this evening.
Pretty sure its a piece of sheet metal from somewhere, cylinder head jacket? Anyone know what it is exactly. Should it be as easy as just re-attaching with some bolts somewhere?
Looking to get under the car when I get back home later and things cool down, would appreciate any help, still a noob...

Thanks

Click to view attachment
SLITS
It's the flat plate (warm air guide) that sits on the driver's side heat exchanger. It is attached to the heat exchanger by two cheese head screw and either one or two to the engine case.

It is exactly in the position it should be. Either the attaching screws fell out or the tab they fit in broke off the tin.
ericoneal
I think a tab must have broken off, i cant see how to reattach it. Is it OK to drive it like this for awhile you think?

QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 29 2012, 10:30 PM) *

It's the flat plate (warm air guide) that sits on the driver's side heat exchanger. It is attached to the heat exchanger by two cheese head screw and either one or two to the engine case.

It is exactly in the position it should be. Either the attaching screws fell out or the tab they fit in broke off the tin.

76-914
yes. btw, look in our Classifieds. there was at least one add in there for engine tin, recently.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.