Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Bling
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Met Andy (aka Socalandy)this morning to pick up my wheels. Andy was nice enough to bring them from Al Reed's to a halfway point. pray.gif A million thank you's Andy. The nuts were done out of state, triple plated < $50 including shipping. I'm going to slap these on Whitey as it's so OG. Been chasing a set of these for awhile. I picked these up at the last G&R for a smoking deal. I'm sure they're old hat to a lot of you guys but for me it's right up there with my first date. wub.gif
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
wub.gif Them's purdy! Who did your lug bolts?
'73-914kid
Those look super sweet kent! What cars gonna get new wheels? Blackie or whitey?

Btw, see you tomorrow morning!
jimkelly
stunning shades.gif
76-914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 29 2012, 08:20 PM) *

Ken, talk with Kathlyn @ Papago Plating in Phoenix. $36.00 + shipping. 2312 East Washington Street Phoenix, AZ 85034
(602) 273-1408

I was VERY impre$$ed with their price and service. I would recommend these folks.
Lennies914
Those look great! Please post pics after the install.
Tom_T
Nice! drooley.gif

I got Andy's other set of 5 Fuchs 2 liters last year for my 73 2L's rest - also Al's work.....
....now I just need to get the resto going again, but the 88 Westy resto jumped ahead, so that needs to get finished first.

Thanx for the AZ chromer referral too! beerchug.gif
Strudelwagon
Lets see them on the car drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif shades.gif
Tom
My, My, those look so nice. Wonder what they would look like on a 76 Malaga red one?
Tom
tod914
Beautiful! The wheels alone will bring you home some tropheys.
DBCooper
Right up there with your first date? Really? Your wife know that? Hmmm.... so how much is it worth to you that she never finds out?
76-914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Oct 1 2012, 11:59 AM) *

Right up there with your first date? Really? Your wife know that? Hmmm.... so how much is it worth to you that she never finds out?

My old wheels and a box of cigars. biggrin.gif
7TPorsh
What's the going club rate on getting the wheels done?
76-914
about 5 month's and < $400. it's like converting dog years to human years. considering that 914's spend 90% of their life on jack-stands,that's only 2 weeks in 914 time. av-943.gif lol-2.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 30 2012, 08:03 AM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 29 2012, 08:20 PM) *

Ken, talk with Kathlyn @ Papago Plating in Phoenix. $36.00 + shipping. 2312 East Washington Street Phoenix, AZ 85034
(602) 273-1408

I was VERY impre$$ed with their price and service. I would recommend these folks.

This is good to hear! Locally their reputation has been a bit iffy at best. May have to give them another shot at doing some parts that need some cleaning up. smile.gif
SLITS
Now you will never drive the car anywhere. The amount a care needed to keep them clean will eat up all your time (and fingers).

Fuch off ... cookies on!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.