Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good bye to the BEAST!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
stewteral
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHi all,

It is the end of an era for me, but I'm selling my 914-V8 to go play with a Formula Ford. I've spent the last 8 years developing and tuning the car and believe it is the ONLY 914V8 with a chassis developed for road courses.

I'll be out at the Streets of Willow Springs on 03 November for a last outing and then want to car to go. Feel free to come out, check out the car and see how it runs the track. So far, I've clocked a 1:26 laptime.

For SALE: Porsche 914 Chevy V8 conversion car, $35k invested, Price $18,500 (11.0 second Qtr Mile)
-Built 383 Chevy SBC, output 500 HP, 4-bolt Mains
Comp Cams Roller-cam, pushrods and hydraulic lifters
Eagle 4130 crank
Eagle forged rods
10:1 Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons
All parts balanced with harmonic balancer
Stainless steel rockers
Aluminum heads
MSD Distributor & Ignition system
Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold
750 Holley 4-barrel Carb
Custom aluminum valve covers
180-degree headers
Dual mufflers w/ Super-Trapps + Open pipe replacement for track days
Canton Road Race baffled oil pan
Canton 3Qt Accusump
Dual oil coolers with fans
All oil & fuel lines are Aeroquip
Remote Meziere electric water pump – 55 GPM
Camaro Aluminum radiator with dual fans
Spare Chevy 4-bolt mains block
-Transmission
Porsche Turbo 930 4-spd trans with custom shift linkage
Quaife Torsen Limited slip differential
Turbo Porsche half-shafts and CV joints
Custom flywheel with Porsche clutch
Wilwood Hydraulic clutch master cylinder & peddle
Wilwood Hydraulic clutch slave cylinder with Aeroquip flex-line
-Chassis: the ONLY race track developed suspension conversion car now running
Custom Dash: Porsche Tach, VDO Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure
gages, Oil pressure & alternator warning LEDs. Transmission oil temp
gage
Full rollcage
Racing seats
5-belt racing seat belts (driver)
4-belt racing seat belts (passenger)
Racing Engineer tuned spring rates
Custom front and rear swaybars
Koni adjustable Sport front shocks
Custom built dual adjustable Koni rear shocks
Spare rear springs- 2 sets
Rear suspension bracing for track cornering loads
Removable rear wing for track
Rennspeed fiber glass fender flares, rocker panels and nose piece with splitter
Custom fiberglass side cooling scoops to Engine Compartment
-Brakes
Wilwood 12” x 1.25” vented rotor, all wheels
Wilwood 4-piston Aluminum Calipers, all wheels
Aeroquip brake lines
Wilwood Dual master cylinder w/ balance bar aluminum peddle
Remote reservoirs in front trunk
-Wheels
8” steel rims with TA Radials (street)
9-1/2” front Aluminum wheels w/ Fresh Goodyear racing slicks (track)
11” rear Aluminum Wheels w/ Fresh Goodyear racing slicks (track)
Documentation:
Large 3-ring binder of Every part of the Chassis
Large 3-ring binder of Every part of the engine.
Large 3-ring binder of complete 930 trans shop manual
Complete data support for all chassis and tire on-track settings.
Track Support: Seller will attend buyer’s initial 2 track events to help in learning the car. Streets of Willow Springs recommended
A custom towbar is also available.

Best,
Terry, Camarillo,CA 805-482-0322
campbellcj
Wow Terry, that's big news! I'm not your buyer but would love to see your car run in person so I'll try to make it there on the 3rd.

Cheers,
stewteral
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 30 2012, 09:17 AM) *

Wow Terry, that's big news! I'm not your buyer but would love to see your car run in person so I'll try to make it there on the 3rd.

Cheers,

Hey Campbellcj,

I'll be glad to meet you and play "show & tell", if you're willing to drive out to Streets of Willow Springs. Just in case, be SURE to bring your checkbook! smile.gif

Terry
stewteral

Cheers,

campbellcj,

I hope you will sign up and run on 03 Nov.! The track will run CCW, and after being lost for a whole session, once I figured out the track it is MORE fun than going clockwise:
--How about tearing DOWN the front straight for a classic brake & downshift for the skidpan?
--Instead of the scary blind rise chicane on the inside straight, we'll be going uphill and flatout is no problem!

You'll love it!
Terry
Randal

Such a beautiful track car. flag.gif

Sure would like to see it run one of our hill climbs.

stewteral
QUOTE(stewteral @ Oct 2 2012, 06:06 PM) *

Cheers,

Hey Campbellcj,

I'll be glad to meet you and play "show & tell", if you're willing to drive out to Streets of Willow Springs. Just in case, be SURE to bring your checkbook! smile.gif

Terry

Hi All,

in response to a request, here is the url for my last outing at Buttonwillow.

It was interesting that I was following the yellow Serious NASCAR competitor with a 650HP Chevy. I was very satisfying to be able to pull him on the straights.

Now, of course, the excuses:
-First lap was slow and slippery in getting the slicks up to temp on that always greasy track.
-This was my first time to run the track CW and I never felt I had the lines down, was not comfortable and couldn't get into a rhythm. Thus missing shifts and totally blowing my braking point at the end to the start straight. Ah shucks!
-For some dumb reason, I was black flagged on that last lap. It turned out to be corner worker error....not that unusual at these open track days.
Still, the car ran great and was a kick-in-the-pants to drive.

Best,
Terry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeeWoJZm9C4
Pat Garvey
Guess I missed it somewhere....the price, that is.
BMITCHELL
$18500

Third paragraph down from the last picture.
westtexass2k
Congrats on the sale of the car. That went really fast. It is a good deal for the new owner.
That beast is pretty quick. I looks like you were running about 2:12-2:13 on your clean laps. We ran there in 08 at the Grassroots Motorsports Ultimate track car challenge with our street car and we ran 1:58. You definetly had a few bobbles running backwards that could have made up a few seconds. It sounded like you were not running as hard as you could. I bet it could run down in the low 2:00-2;05 range. The same car we ran in 08 now has another 90 hp and another 50ftlbs of torque so it should be a little quicker maybe a 1-2 seconds. We had a horrible weekend at that event. We went off track first day and hit the curbing and broke the oil pan and tore out a suspension pickup point out of the rear subframe. We spent a good 12 hours getting that fixed and only got a couple of good laps in. Here is the video link if your interested http://youtu.be/WH4tKRD3LzE

Good luck with the new ride hope it is as fun as the last one.
BMITCHELL
I don't think it's sold yet.
stewteral
QUOTE(westtexass2k @ Oct 5 2012, 07:58 PM) *

Congrats on the sale of the car. That went really fast. It is a good deal for the new owner.
That beast is pretty quick. I looks like you were running about 2:12-2:13 on your clean laps. We ran there in 08 at the Grassroots Motorsports Ultimate track car challenge with our street car and we ran 1:58. You definetly had a few bobbles running backwards that could have made up a few seconds. It sounded like you were not running as hard as you could. I bet it could run down in the low 2:00-2;05 range. The same car we ran in 08 now has another 90 hp and another 50ftlbs of torque so it should be a little quicker maybe a 1-2 seconds. We had a horrible weekend at that event. We went off track first day and hit the curbing and broke the oil pan and tore out a suspension pickup point out of the rear subframe. We spent a good 12 hours getting that fixed and only got a couple of good laps in. Here is the video link if your interested http://youtu.be/WH4tKRD3LzE

Good luck with the new ride hope it is as fun as the last one.

Whoa!

The Beast has NOT sold yet. So unless some comes by soon, I'll still be out
at Streets of Willow wailing away with the 180 degree exhaust and open pipes.

Terry
campbellcj
QUOTE(stewteral @ Oct 2 2012, 06:12 PM) *

campbellcj,

I hope you will sign up and run on 03 Nov.! The track will run CCW, and after being lost for a whole session, once I figured out the track it is MORE fun than going clockwise:
--How about tearing DOWN the front straight for a classic brake & downshift for the skidpan?
--Instead of the scary blind rise chicane on the inside straight, we'll be going uphill and flatout is no problem!

You'll love it!
Terry

Yep I am very familiar with SOW and love that track - I agree with you that CCW is more fun than CW, and a tick faster (for me). I never liked the uphill approach to turn 2 in the CW direction, which might have something to do with spinning there at about 85 mph long ago...I did a 540 or was it a 720, and never left the asphalt...

If I can get my car back together in time I hope to join you on the 3rd, if not, then I'll aim for spectator/photographer status.

Cheers,
stewteral
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 8 2012, 04:19 PM) *

QUOTE(stewteral @ Oct 2 2012, 06:12 PM) *

campbellcj,

You'll love it!
Terry

Yep I am very familiar with SOW and love that track - I agree with you that CCW is more fun than CW, and a tick faster (for me). I never liked the uphill approach to turn 2 in the CW direction, which might have something to do with spinning there at about 85 mph long ago...I did a 540 or was it a 720, and never left the asphalt...

If I can get my car back together in time I hope to join you on the 3rd, if not, then I'll aim for spectator/photographer status.

Cheers,

Hey campbellcj;

Yup that high speed T-1 IMMEDIATELY followed by heavy braking for T-2 is definitely one where I hold my breath. I'm topping out in 3rd at about 120 MPH and easy back the throttle to the apex and brake hard, while fighting for control
on exit going to T-2. I would also spin like a top if I hadn't tuned the chassis with some understeer.

It would be great if you could make out on Sat 03 November, it's a kick to have another 914ner out to play with. Through the tight technical bits, a 4-Cyl 914 can
truly hold its own against my 2575lb V8 conversion.

Best,
Terry
stewteral

Cheers,

Hi All,

I just want to confirm that I'm signed and paid for Saturday 03 Nov at Streets of Willow Springs running CCW. If you've been following this thread, CCW is the MOST fun as I have 2 sections where I can top out in 3rd gear at 120 MPH. My speedo is accurate and those are the speeds I saw last time out: it's a total Kick in the Pants!

I'd love to see 914ners for my last 914-V8 track day and would like it even better is more of you guys would show up and RUN the track.

If you have never driven on-track, the time-trial groups I run in offer at least 4 group levels, the first for beginners in a driving school. I've gone through a handful of racing schools and it's a great way to "get up to speed" quickly. Of course, IT'S ALL GREAT FUN!! Time trial groups are all "Run what you brung" so nothing other than a helmet is required (and you can rent one).

Come on out and have FUN!

Terry
Congrats on 'moving' up the ranks. I watched your vid and like how you managed the I-5, bus loop and the Mazda sections.
Next time out, I will try to imitate your lines.

If I get a chance, I will try to drop in on Nov 3rd ( POC ?) to say hello.

Oh..looks like a NASA event..great bunch of guys in that club
stewteral
QUOTE(stewteral @ Sep 29 2012, 08:16 PM) *

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentHi all,

It is the end of an era for me, but I'm selling my 914-V8 to go play with a Formula Ford. I've spent the last 8 years developing and tuning the car and believe it is the ONLY 914V8 with a chassis developed for road courses.

I'll be out at the Streets of Willow Springs on 03 November for a last outing and then want to car to go. Feel free to come out, check out the car and see how it runs the track. So far, I've clocked a 1:26 laptime.

For SALE: Porsche 914 Chevy V8 conversion car, $35k invested, Price $18,500 (11.0 second Qtr Mile)
-Built 383 Chevy SBC, output 500 HP, 4-bolt Mains
Comp Cams Roller-cam, pushrods and hydraulic lifters
Eagle 4130 crank
Eagle forged rods
10:1 Keith Black Hypereutectic pistons
All parts balanced with harmonic balancer
Stainless steel rockers
Aluminum heads
MSD Distributor & Ignition system
Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold
750 Holley 4-barrel Carb
Custom aluminum valve covers
180-degree headers
Dual mufflers w/ Super-Trapps + Open pipe replacement for track days
Canton Road Race baffled oil pan
Canton 3Qt Accusump
Dual oil coolers with fans
All oil & fuel lines are Aeroquip
Remote Meziere electric water pump – 55 GPM
Camaro Aluminum radiator with dual fans
Spare Chevy 4-bolt mains block
-Transmission
Porsche Turbo 930 4-spd trans with custom shift linkage
Quaife Torsen Limited slip differential
Turbo Porsche half-shafts and CV joints
Custom flywheel with Porsche clutch
Wilwood Hydraulic clutch master cylinder & peddle
Wilwood Hydraulic clutch slave cylinder with Aeroquip flex-line
-Chassis: the ONLY race track developed suspension conversion car now running
Custom Dash: Porsche Tach, VDO Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure
gages, Oil pressure & alternator warning LEDs. Transmission oil temp
gage
Full rollcage
Racing seats
5-belt racing seat belts (driver)
4-belt racing seat belts (passenger)
Racing Engineer tuned spring rates
Custom front and rear swaybars
Koni adjustable Sport front shocks
Custom built dual adjustable Koni rear shocks
Spare rear springs- 2 sets
Rear suspension bracing for track cornering loads
Removable rear wing for track
Rennspeed fiber glass fender flares, rocker panels and nose piece with splitter
Custom fiberglass side cooling scoops to Engine Compartment
-Brakes
Wilwood 12” x 1.25” vented rotor, all wheels
Wilwood 4-piston Aluminum Calipers, all wheels
Aeroquip brake lines
Wilwood Dual master cylinder w/ balance bar aluminum peddle
Remote reservoirs in front trunk
-Wheels
8” steel rims with TA Radials (street)
9-1/2” front Aluminum wheels w/ Fresh Goodyear racing slicks (track)
11” rear Aluminum Wheels w/ Fresh Goodyear racing slicks (track)
Documentation:
Large 3-ring binder of Every part of the Chassis
Large 3-ring binder of Every part of the engine.
Large 3-ring binder of complete 930 trans shop manual
Complete data support for all chassis and tire on-track settings.
Track Support: Seller will attend buyer’s initial 2 track events to help in learning the car. Streets of Willow Springs recommended
A custom towbar is also available.

Best,
Terry, Camarillo,CA 805-482-0322

Hi ALL,

Post Track-Day report:

I ran at the Streets of Willow Springs Saturday where it was crazy-wild and a lot of FUN. The CRAZY part was due to the COMPLETE coverage of the track with desert sand. I could HARDLY make it around my first lap due to the lack of grip and spun at least twice. I've never seen the track so slippery!

Since the advanced group went out first, we were tasked with initial track clean-up.
I came in early, deciding to let all the OTHER groups do their share to track cleaning. From the pits, it was crazy seeing the clouds of dust and sand the flew up as each car came by.

The second session was better, but still when shifting to 3rd at 80 MPH, the tail would light up and want to spin the car. Boy does this get your Attention!

The third session was finally clean enough to HAMMER and it was a kick to be able to drive the car as hard as I could. There were a few pure race cars out there that were faster than I in the tight corners, but it was a kick to close right up on them on the 2 main straights. I'd harrass them a little bit, but not try to take the position back: they were just faster and it's a SIN to muck up a guy's lap just for ego.

A good part of the enjoyment was the pit partner I had with MATTYLITE and his Dad Marty. MATTYLITE drove his very nice Black 2.0 with great composer. He's a very good pilot and it was fun to watch him pass some "Faster" cars by out-driving them. His Dad is the other part of the team and told me "I love to build these cars and MATTYLITE loves to drive them." Great family!

The day could only have been better if MORE 914 guys had shown up. Sorry you missed so much FUN!

The BEAST is officially Retired (only by me) from track days and I look forward to selling it to a new owner who wants to enjoy the "kick-in-the-pants" fun from all the power! Now my focus will go to refurbishing my Royale Formula Ford to get back to the track next Spring.

Best to All,
Terry
Maltese Falcon
So that's what all that dust was....NOT a mirage.
Pushbrooms rule...now where are those corner workers?
1:33.s CW and Ccw all day out of 2.0 /110 hp.
Terry, we will look for you at the historics !
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.